28 February 2011

Leave it to the Foreigner

Do you remember the shepherd costume incident?

Well, we'll call this the face paint incident!
This week is "Carnaval" at school.  Each day the kids have a fun thing assigned to wear.

Monday - face paint

Here are my 2 little face painted gals this morning on their way to school.  Aren't they cute?

Brennan was sick, that's why you don't see him in the picture.

Little did I know the face paint was just meant to be a circle on each cheek.  Oops!
Oh well.  Live and learn, eh?

Brennan's got the whole runny nose, cough (mostly at night) and fever that's been classic around our house this season.  He couldn't be left out of the face painting fun though.  He chose to be Muno from Yo Gabba Gabba.  We've never watched the show, but my guys play the games from the show on the Nick Jr website.  Here's my little Muno!
I told him not to smile so you could really see it.  He looks really serious in this pic.  Ha!


Tuesday - 2 different socks


Wednesday - bow tie


Thursday - wear a hat including all the other things worn each day before.


We went to school in a mix of rain and snow and now it's sunny outside!  Crazy weather!

Friday - costumes from around the world and they will parade around the local park for all the families and friends to see.

Any crazy misunderstandings or language/cultural bloopers you're willing to admit?!

3 comments:

  1. I asked for a "sooknya" to put my bread in at the store the first week we were here (last time)- oops! I meant "soomka"- a bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about the translation glitches, but the facepainting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from SITS. I have recently moved to Europe, and love reading other foreigner blogs. Your life sounds so exciting!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...