16 May 2018

Deeper

 

Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool.

It's been a long time since I've visited this space.  So much and so little has happened in this past year.  Losses, gains, movement, no movement.

My word for this year is "deeper." A challenge to go deeper in my faith, deeper in reading scripture, deeper in prayer, deeper in Christ and deeper in community with others. 

I am so thankful for the journey God has put me on, revealing His Word to me in new ways that have given me a hunger for His Word like I’ve never had before.


 
I recently came across Well-Watered Women in such a round about way through a picture of Homer, AK on Instagram. It’s always so amazingly crazy to me how God uses the most random of ways to reveal something to me.   What a treasure of resources I've found in this space!

A couple of weeks after my last post (from just over a year ago) and two days after Mother's Day, my world changed.  My mom passed away on May 16th, 2017.  As much as we rejoice that she is whole again with her Jesus and no longer confused by Alzheimer's, there's also sadness.  Grieving the years we lost due to Alzheimer's as well as just missing her presence.  It's a process and most days are good.  Mother's Day last year was the beginning of her last few days on this earth.  So many memories have started flooding back.

On a recent visit to see my dad, I came across some of my mom's writings. How precious it was to see her hand writing, read her thoughts and get a glimpse into her heart.  Such an encouragement on this journey to go deeper.  It's challenged me to record my own thoughts and what I'm learning about God's Word.  Maybe one day me kids will treasure mine as much as I treasure my mom’s.


The fact that it's May and I'm still thinking about my word for the year seems like I'm on the right track for what God wants to reveal to me this year!
 
Hungering for Him,

Tina B

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...