23 December 2014

Lancaster London Afternoon Tea

I can't resist a chance to have afternoon tea!  When in Rome, or England, in this case!
Then the added Christmas atmosphere and you've got one beautiful celebration of a Christmas tea!!

Once again, I made my way to London for another London Bloggers Tea.  This time at the Lancaster London overlooking Hyde Park with the amazing Chef Ben Purton. 


I tell you, Chef Ben did not hold back!  He is one hospitable chef!


The decor was simple yet so elegant.


A beautiful display of Novus tea and bubbly.


Some yummy goodness right there!


On the menu:

 Smoked salmon, cucumber, and egg & cress sandwiches along with wild mushroom, chicken tarragon tartletts and beef filled Yorkshire pudding.


My favorite part, the scones:

Plain, raisin and Christmas Pudding scones with Lancaster London's marmalade and homemade strawberry jam.  Don't forget the Cornish Clotted Cream!!  #letsgetsconed!


Desserts:

White chocolate raspberry lollipops, passionfruit & raspberry macaroon, caramel and hazelnut tranche, apple & honey cupcake and lemon fruit tart.

I was pretty full by this point.  But the white chocolate raspberry lollipops were calling my name!  Don't they look pretty?!  There was a little surprise on that first bite.  Pop rocks!!  That bright red ring around the center were pop rocks!  Absolutely loved that touch!


Such a lovely spot for tea, don't you think?


If you find yourself near Hyde Park, check out the Lancaster London.  Fabulous afternoon tea, and the rooms look amazing too!



13 comments:

  1. magical, relaxing, delicious- what a lovely afternoon!!! Merry Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOBODY does an Afternoon Tea like the English! I hated scones until I had the 'real deal' at The Ritz in London. Amazing!

    This tea looks lovely. Yum!

    Hope you have an awesome holiday Tina.

    🎅 🎄 🎁

    V
    Life+1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, this is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, so beautiful! Everything looks so delicious!

    Have a Merry Christmas and a blessed and happy New Year! It's been fun following along your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tina, looks great - shame I couldn't make it but look forward to meeting you at the next London Bloggers tea

    Suze | LuxuryColumnist

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that looks completely delightful! Confession: I have never done an afternoon tea, and I've always wanted to. Must find a spot in Prague... :)
    Happy New Year, Tina! I've really enjoyed reading your blog; so glad to have found it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully this year I will be able to join you wonderful ladies on a bloggers tea!
    I hope to see you this year as well...
    Happy first weekend of the new year! And have a rockin 2015!
    Much love,
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks wonderful. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like someone would've had to sit in the tree in that last pic!! Seriously though, what a beautiful venue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like a great afternoon tea party to me..thanks for sharing.

    Turkey Tour Packages

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Tina, all looks very delicious. I am drooling :P I think I haven't had a proper afternoon tea ever! Adding it into my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow looks amazing, I wish some kind of proper tea time was a thing here- it always sounds so luxurious! Excited to hear about your homeschooling decision, I think you will love it.

    www.hollandsreverie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...