01 July 2013

The Woods

Our English friends are always talking about the rain.  I can't blame them, it rains a lot!!!  What I often remind them is that England couldn't be this green if it weren't for all the rain!
The trees, the flowers, the green grass.  It is absolutely breath taking!  Especially in the Spring when the Bluebells are in bloom!
And if you stop and think about it.  How many authors over time have either written, been inspired by or set their stories in the English woods?!  C.S. Lewis (The Narnia books), Beatrix Potter (The Tale of Peter Rabbit), A. A. Milne (Winnie the Pooh), to name a few.

We are fortunate to have the Leechpool Woods very close to our home.  Even includes some paths for cyclinging or scootering.  I've learned I have to be careful though.  I almost got plowed over by a cyclist!  I hadn't heard him coming and he was going fast.  We almost had a collision!


Someone made a squirrel from sticks and branches and stuck him up in the tree.  Adds a nice little feature on forest walks.

Karis' class even took a trip to the woods and I was one of the teacher chaperones.  It was a lot of fun!  They did a few different activities and they collected items for an art project to do later in class.

Karis is running the crayon over the paper with the tree bark underneath to see the texture.  You can see 2 girls in the background playing another game.  You spin your partner around, with eyes closed, then lead them to a tree.  They have to feel the tree, then their partner leads them back to the starting point and then the person has to find the tree that their partner led them to.  The kids really liked that game.


Forest artwork.


Snack and story time.


Jerry took the kids on a walk one day and came across this gigantic tree.  So beautiful!



Looked like a heart in the tree bark.

Come for a visit and we'll be sure to take you to our woods!!  We've only just begun exploring it all!

5 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the Bluebells and the perspective on the beauty from the rain. Can't wait to see this in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! I would love to come visit and hang out there. I can only imagine what great shots I could get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos. I agree ~ the green here is greener and breathtaking thanks to the rain. It is a bright green like no other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is so beautiful! Maybe one day we'll get to see it, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...