13 May 2011

Where's the Tooth Fairy?

The kids took a school trip to a farm yesterday.  I wish I could have strapped a video or camera to them to see what all they got to do.  Trying to get the details out of them was like pulling teeth!
Speaking of teeth, Karis is losing them left and right.  In just the past couple of weeks she has lost THREE!  Both her top teeth and now a bottom tooth.  We have had a couple of incidences where the, ahem, Tooth Fairy has shirked her duties.  The first top tooth, the Tooth Fairy forgot to come!  Oops!  I convinced her that because she lost it so late in the evening, the Tooth Fairy didn't get it scheduled.  Karis seemed to understand that.  She came the next evening (while Karis was out to a late dinner with the family).  The second top tooth the Tooth Fairy got it scheduled and made it that night.  Whew!
This last one the Tooth Fairy forgot didn't come again. Luckily, it came out right before bed so the "not being able to get it scheduled" worked again.  Saved!!

Of course, in between all this she is question who the Tooth Fairy is.  A friend told her he saw his parents one night.  So now she mentions that from time to time.  Then she'll turn around and think through it and say "You can't be the Tooth Fairy!" 

We've got lots more teeth to go between her, Brennan & Reegan! 
I've got to, I mean the Tooth Fairy has got to start setting a timer from now on!!  Ha!

10 comments:

  1. We're waiting for when my daughter calls us on it ... but she's sweet and I know she'll play along with the little ones. Such childlike innocence ... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's losing them all because mine is getting them all! Seriously, Lane's on her 5th in 5 weeks. She's been a crank. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from SITS! Adorable blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tooth Fairy was a bit negligent at our place, too. But now she's got a bit of a break while teeth grow in and before my youngest starts losing hers!

    Visiting from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just talking to my husband about the tooth fairy today! Wondering whether we will even introduce it in our house when the time comes :)

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the Tooth Fairy needs a new planner. Nice save by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from SITS! Good luck with the tooth fairying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I thought I was the only "tooth fairy" who every forgot. I forgot twice with my son, but managed to sneak in and help him "look" for the money while slipping it under the pillow.

    Thanks for visiting on my SITS day. Come back any time. You're always welcome at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm totally afraid I'll forget when tooth fairy duties come along in our house. Great idea about the "scheduling"! Getting ready for our 3 y.o. son's first visit next week- he's having an injured tooth pulled. (Oh and if you are ever in need of good tooth care tips, I've found this Mom's Guide to be so helpful: http://www.1dental.com/moms-guide/) So with the advance notice I should be okay this time. Thanks for the good idea, though. I'm sure I'll be coming back to that one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My four year old is trying to convince me her teeth are coming loose. She is very much looking forward to a visit from the Tooth Fairy. Try as I might, she does not believe it will be a few more years.

    Thanks for visiting the Northwoods on my SITS Day.
    Hanneke

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...