10 May 2011

School Lunch in the Park

If you haven't heard me mention it before, my kids come home for a 2 hour lunch break.  On occasion they stay at school for lunch, but it gets pricey to have them stay every day.  We are practically next door to the school, so it is easy to have them come home.  Although it breaks up the day for me in getting things done, but it's just a season.
The kids had the idea yesterday to get our lunch and eat in the park, right by our house.  The weather is so beautiful right now and not too hot!  It's perfect!  I wasn't mentally prepared for it, but I figured we could do it the next day, which was today.

It didn't take much time for me to have everything ready when they got out of school.  I grabbed our handy dandy picnic blanket, which I love!
I put together some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, cucumber slices, Cheetos and some water and juice and we were set.  


There was no one there, except a teen couple having a make out session just a few feet away.   Luckily, the kids didn't seem to notice them.

I am sure they are going to being asking me every day now if we can go to the park for lunch!  I must say, it was a great idea!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds a perfect lunch break treat for your kids. You are right, they will want a picnic in the park every day now. Loved seeing the cute pictures. Glad you got to meet up with some blogging friends too at Dunkin Donuts. mmmmmmmm!
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, cheetos?! They don't have those here, so stock up!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! We are going to miss us some Cheetos! But I think you can buy them in Hungary! Only an hour drive away!! =)

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...