17 January 2011

Meet Aris


Aris (pronounced like Ah-reece, but ya gotta get a good, but light rolling "r" in there!  Ha!) is a kind of mascot for Karis' class.  There are pictures of Aris in their workbooks taking the kids through their lessons.  Each weekend one of the kids gets to take the stuffed Aris home and they have to take her everywhere with them.  This was Karis' weekend!  She was so excited!

The picture above cracked me up because Karis didn't think Aris needed to go to the bathroom with her!  Ha!

We shared our weekly Friday night tradition of pancakes and movie night with Aris!

We didn't do too many exciting things with the kids this weekend.  I was home most of the day Saturday baking this cute little cake with my friend, Amy for a baby shower on Sunday!




 But Karis and Aris kept busy playing cards,


hanging around in her room,


getting a good nights rest,


 taking her to church on Sunday,


Showing Aris American football


introducing Aris to Christopher,


and can't forget the hermanos (siblings)!


We had a fun time hosting Aris!  We'd gladly host her again!  Thanks for spending the weekend with us, Aris!

3 comments:

  1. Love seeing the pictures! Did you resolve your camera issue? . . . This is a cute idea from your daughter's teacher. Sometimes I wish my students were young enough to do things like this . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I wish I had a little one to do such fun things with [sigh].

    I think the "Elf on the Shelf" would have been fun to do also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are waiting to hear back after sending in a claim. If it is approved we should be able to just about replace it, Praise God!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...