05 October 2010

Karis' Day

I was exhausted yesterday and didn't get a chance to share our day.

The kids had school, so I took the opportunity to do a little grocery shopping as well as get a little Gotcha Day present.  Of course, brother & sister were not forgotten and I got them a little something too.
Now that October has arrived, the kids come home for a 2 hour lunch, then go back to school from 3-4:30.  That 2 hour time wasn't a very good one, unfortunately.  Karis was in a sour mood.  It sounds like a friend at school decided she didn't want to be friends anymore.  As much as I tried to help her through it, gotcha day girl was not in a good mood!  After school was a tad better.  Brennan was asked to his friend, Pedro's house for some boy time!  I love to see how Brennan is making some friends!!  I think he had fun playing at Pedro's house and then they went to the park for awhile.
While he was away the girls made some pictures with glitter.  And wouldn't ya know, I forgot to take pictures of that.  Using glitter in our house is a treat!!  I hate cleaning up that stuff, but we were able to do it without making too big a mess.  After that we headed to the kitchen to bake some chocolate chip cookies!!






 The cookies came out a bit flat.  I'm still learning what flour to buy.  Oh well, they still tasted good!


And it just so happened that a package arrived from Nana & Papa.  Nana had made some pillow cases for each of them and pjs as well.  The girls got a matching dress for their doll....or their Barbie!

 I made them put their new pillow cases over their heads so they weren't peeking when I brought out their presents!

 Karis got some Hannah Montana stickers and a Hello Kitty shirt that she has been wanting!


 Reegan got Hello Kitty Stickers and Littlest Pet Shop socks!


 And Brennan got Ben 10 socks and Toy Story stickers!!


Karis chose macaroni & cheese for dinner.  And of course it was followed by cookies!
It was actually a nice surprise to have daddy home for dinner.  He started an intensive Spanish course this week, but got out early the first day.  That was a nice surprise!!
I can't believe our baby girl is 5 years old!! 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for gotcha day!! Love the sisters baking together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun!

    It helps my cookies here if I just add 1/4 cup extra flour to the recipe. It might be an easy fix for yours too!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...