13 April 2010

Saturday Outreach & Easter Market

I'm sharing pictures of one of our community outreach projects we did this weekend......feeding the homeless.
Preparing sandwiches



It was raining!


But they didn't let it stop them from sharing food and God's love in Prague.







I really wanted to participate but my kids were worn out!  They had been out and about the 2 days previously.  Plus the weather was looking rainy and ended up it was and it took our group almost 2 hours to hand out 50 sandwiches.  Karis slept in which almost never happens and they didn't fly around the apartment like they normally do, so I knew I needed to let Jerry go on without us and let them rest.  But by afternoon they were ready to get moving.
We decided to brave the masses and go downtown to the petting zoo that's set up as part of the Easter market (by this time it had stopped raining, mostly).  Downtown is crazy busy with tourists, but we survived.  





We grazed on market food like these things.



I don't know what they are called, but it's a type of chewy bread slathered with Nutella.
Eating it Reegan style.....slathered all over your face!  Hee hee!


The kids decided they weren't big fans (I wasn't either), so we munched on trdlo instead.


I absolutely love these things!  Trdlo (yes, it sounds like a not so nice word, ha!) or I've also seen it called trdelnik is a sweet bread that is wrapped around what looks like a metal rolling pin and cooked over an open fire.  Then it is tossed into a cinnamon and sugar (and sometimes with nuts added) mixture and served warm!  Oh my!  It is delicious!!  I'm going to miss these little gems!

We then headed to see the petting zoo set up.


As if our snack was not enough, which it didn't seem to be for Brennan as he was starving, Jerry decided to get some Prague ham.


 Very tasty and also cooked over an open fire!  By this point it was time to eat dinner and B tried convincing us he was still hungry, but he ended up hardly touching his dinner. Oh well!  We had a great time at the Easter market.  We are trying to make the most of all our "lasts" in Prague.

1 comment:

  1. I love Nutella! I had a mlyntsi not long ago with chocolate, raisins, and hazelnuts inside- oh.my.word. I'm looking for an excuse to go back to that place!

    what a great ministry, by the way!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...