12 April 2010

Last week at a Glance

I am SO behind in blogging.  So much content and so little time!
Last week we had our cooking time and it was fun as always.  Due to some ladies that were not able to make it, we decided to change the recipe.  We hope to do another Russian dish in the future, but this week we kept it simple.  Although this is considered a French dish, Russians have adopted it as their own.  It's called Jullien and if you like mushrooms you will probably like this dish.
 This is our Jullien expert, Natasha!


Jullien is sauted mushrooms that have been mixed with onions and sour cream the topped with cheese and baked.  Yum!!

We got to talking about the Wii Game "Cooking Mama."  Our friend Andrea has it and ran home (she just lives a couple of blocks from us) to grab it.  We played that while the others were cooking while we waited for the mushrooms to bake.
This game is funny.  You have to chop and stir and crack eggs.  I didn't do very well with the game because I am a lefty.  Some Wii games allow you to choose right or left handed, but we couldn't find it on this game, so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!  Ha!

Mary Ann is so disgusted!  Hee hee!


 On Thursday & Friday I had my babysitter for part of the day.  Karis' birthday is coming up in a week and I've been shopping for that.  I am one of those moms who really stresses when I have to take my kids to the store with me.  At our grocery stores we don't have nice, big, wide aisles or even big carts for that matter.  And the amount of people in said stores is insane sometimes!!  Luckily my hubby works at home or I have the chance to go when my babysitter is here.  So, taking the kids to the store is a rarity.  That may change, but for now I'm glad I am able to go shopping by myself in peace!!
Last week was beautiful!  We had some great, sunny weather.  I decided to grab a sandwich at Subway as a break to my shopping.  There is this great spot in the city center.   This beautiful courtyard is tucked away between various streets and walking paths.  I love this spot.  


 And this guy beside me thought it was a great place to take a snooze!! 


 I had music for my lunch time entertainment.......his snoring!!  Ha!  It wasn't that loud and didn't bother me one bit.  It was just funny.

I also got to have a girl's night out with my friend, Denise.  It was the last few days before the Easter markets closed, so we went to have a look around before dinner.
This market is set up on the Old Town Square every Easter.  Several other squares have kiosks set up as well, but this is the main square in Prague.



Fun times!  I'll be sad to see it go, even though it boasts of cheap souvenirs and junk food!!  Ha!

1 comment:

  1. I loved Prague!! :) I totally understand the shpping thing- it's so hard and here, we have a guard on each aisle making sure no none takes a finger - it just feels creepy to have someone watching every breath you take! I told my husband that I bed at least half the country is employed as a security guard of some sort.

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...