05 April 2011

Cuenca, Spain

My parents came in from Texas on Thursday. Thus the lack of blogging.  My dad loves maps. Any time we have moved to a new place or talk about places we've been, he pulls out the map to take a look. Must be where I got it, because I love looking and figuring out maps! Although I've become quite attached to Emily too.

Who is Emily?
 Emily, the GPS!  She is our friend!  Or I guess you could call her a family member since she goes just about everywhere with us!  Ha!

Back to maps!  My dad bought an interesting map of Spain that gives a sentence or 2 about different towns of interest.  One was Cuenca (pronounced KWEN-ka).  A city set on a cliff.  It piqued both of our interest and we decided to try to go see it.

It's just over 2 hours away by car.  The kids have been decent road travels in the past, but I got a bit naive in my thinking that grandparents and a few toys could entertain them that long.  Why did I forget the DVD player??!!  It was a somewhat miserable drive there with about a 1000 "I want to go home!"  Oh well, we made it and all survived!!

And here you have it, the town of Cuenca!
Hanging Houses, as they are called

 Statue of Jesus overlooking the city.

 A walking bridge!





 Isn't it beautiful?!

Hope you enjoyed this little tour!

9 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I had a gps. I am directionally challenged. Loved this post, beautiful photos. Than you for sharing your happy memories. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just beautiful. I love the pictures. And how fun that your parents came to visit. I hope you're having lots of special time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband got me a GPS a few years ago for my bday, and I could not live without it!

    I always love your pictures. They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so you have officially convinced me that I want to come visit Spain! It looks so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those houses are beautiful! I wonder what it's like living in them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breathtaking. I long to live in Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely amazing! We haven't been to Spain yet. One day...

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...