25 March 2011

Spanish Torrijas

It's fun to learn new things in a different culture.  I was waiting for my kids to get out of school when a mom, who I've had coffee with a few times, of one of the boys in Brennan & Reegan's class handed me a packet.
I've now been introduced to Torrijas.  A traditional pastry eaten during the Lent season.  I couldn't wait to give it a try and do a little research.

Torrijas are similar to French Toast.  Bread, milk, egg, vanilla, cinnamon.  The only difference is they are deep fried in olive oil, which does give it a slightly different flavor and a bit more oily.  But they are good!  I plan to make them myself sometime!
 Do you like trying new foods?

6 comments:

  1. Those look YUMMY! I am not huge into trying new things as far as cooking them goes BUT most of the time I will taste something new if it isn't TOO off the wall! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, that sounds AMAZING and delicious! Lucky you :)
    Second, thanks for stopping by my blog today. Your kids are gorgeous. Can't wait to read more of your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound delicious, maybe instead of olive oil vegetable oil?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm .... and new little treat! :)

    Visiting from SITS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look delicious! And not at all like something I would think would be a Lenten tradition. I would think something more bland and tasteless would be eaten for Lent. How lucky for you that they were so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum! Those sounds wonderful! I read your about me section, and love your story. That picture of your daughter with the twins at the top of your page is precious! Thanks for stopping by from SITS today. I'm glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...