03 November 2010

Pumpkin Crumble

I haven't made Pumpkin Crumble yet this season, but I plan to!  It WILL get made, I promise you that. 
I am joining in on We Are That Family's  "Work For Me Wednesday" where we are sharing Fall recipes.
I blogged about this Pumpkin Crumble last year when I found it on Our Best Bites, but I thought I'd mention it again and actually add the recipe.

For Pumpkin Crumble I had to have a cake mix and I don't have that. Oh, we can get it here. I'm just not willing to fork out $8-$10 for a box of cake mix when I can make a perfectly good cake at home. However, I still needed one. So, to the internet I went in search of a recipe for a cake mix. And I found a few! So first, I set out to make the cake mix for my crumble.


After making cake mix that yielded the equivalent of 3 cake mixes (Woohoo!!), I started on the crumble.


Easy Pumpkin Crumble

1 boxed yellow or white cake mix
1-2 sticks butter (see notes in instructions)
1 16 oz can pumpkin*
2 eggs
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
1/4 t ginger
1/8 t cloves
1/8 t nutmeg
1/2 t salt
1/3 C chopped pecans
1/2 t additional cinnamon for topping

Preheat oven to 350.

Place 2 cups of the cake mix in a bowl. Cut in 3 T chilled butter. Just use your fingers to crumble the butter until it's in small crumbly pieces. Place mixture in a 9x13 baking dish and press flat with your fingers.

Mix pumpkin, eggs, sweetened condensed milk, and spices until smooth. Pour on top of the cake mixture in the pan.
take the rest of the dry cake mix and mix in 1/2 t cinnamon. Sprinkle it all over the top of the pumpkin mixture. Use a measuring cup so you have a rough measurement of how much you're putting on. For every 1 C of cake mix you sprinkled on top, you'll need 3 T of melted butter.   Drizzle it right on top.  Next sprinkle on the chopped pecans.  Pop it in your 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes or so. A knife should come out without globs of pumpkin on it and the topping should be nice and golden.

3 comments:

  1. That looks YUMMY! I think that we will be making that ourselves SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fabulous! I just LOVE your little helpers!!

    ...and you made me hungry for sweets. Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing the cake mix link. Maybe I can make a dump cake now--as well as this pumpkin crumble. Of course we have to use butternut squash but it tastes about the same.

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...