25 January 2010

Something Beautiful

I had planned on sharing this sooner, but time got away from me.   But, I had to tell you about my online friend, Kristen.  We met through Hannah's Prayer's, we've been facebook "friends" and I've followed her blog the past few years.  Well, her and her hubby have been trying to adopt a little boy from Haiti for almost 3 years.  During the wait they made many trips to visit him. 
The past few months, Kristen has been preparing for a marathon for a Haitian birthing center and ran that marathon a few weeks ago in Orlando.  After the race, with her 8 month old daughter, who is also a Karis =), took off for Haiti to visit Keanan (legal name - Kembert).
Then the earthquake hit Haiti!!  When news of the earthquake came out I automatically thought of Kristen.  I was searching all over to find news!  Luckily, her husband, Mark, was updating her facebook page.  Praise God she was in one of the few structurally sound buildings.   The story does not stop there.  She writes of her escape from Haiti, having to leave Keanan behind and then the journey of bringing him home on a humanitarian parole!!  It is quite the story, complete with news coverage!!
Visit her blog for more of the story, but this is one of those moments where something beautiful came out of devastation!  Just like our Creator to do such things!!
Be sure to check out this beautiful family's journey!  What a blessing!

1 comment:

  1. I, too, have been faithfully following Kristen's story for the past couple of years and am basking in the glory of God's blessing with the latest updates of Keanan being able to finally come home to his family! Yay God!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...