22 May 2012

Washed by the Water


What a joy it is to see your child come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ!

Karis made the decision to follow Jesus a couple of months ago at an after school Bible time led by some long time missionaries in this part of the world.  They part-time teach at our school and attend the church start, Crossway, that we've been a part of. We thought Karis was close to making a decision when she did just that!

I was so happy to learn that our church was going to hold a baptism once the weather warmed.

You know it's Europe when the couple just over from your baptism site are topless!  Ha!
We even had a swimmer pop up in our little cove while we were singing!  Ha!

There were 5 people to be baptized.


We did a little singing first.


Asking those important questions!


So awesome to have daddy baptize his girl!



I chuckled at this photo!  I told her she looks like a little chipmunk!  She laughed and said "It was FREEZING!"  Ha!!
 

Our daughter and sister in Christ!



Afterward we headed to our pastor's home for a cookout!

One of the men in our church spoke some words about baptism.  He had a dirty shirt on, replacing it with a white shirt and said some other really cool stuff.  I thought it was a great visual for the kids.....and for me too!




And like any good church function, we had some good eats!!


We rounded it off by heading back to the water hole/baptistry for a short swim with a couple other families.  Karis earlier said it was freezing and then wanted to go back for more!! Ha!

What a special, wonderful, memory making day!!

18 comments:

  1. SOOO happy for you! Sitting here in tears . . . : ) Nothing, not one thing, better on this earth, or with more cause for celebration, than watching your child believe in and follow Jesus!
    WHOO HOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry we weren't there to share in Karis's celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry we weren't there to share in Karis's celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it was a wonderful, blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! Nothing will make me teary eyed quicker than a profession in faith and baptism!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, I held it together because I was taking the pictures. What's funny is, I got teary eyed looking at some baptism photos online, looking to see how to capture the best shots! Ha!!
      I also got teary watching her good friend who also got baptized that day! Special time!

      Delete
  6. I love that you called her your daughter and your sister in Christ! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEAH!!!! Joel just baptized our youngest a few weeks ago, so special!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's such an added bonus when dad gets to baptize our kiddos!!

      Delete
  8. This reminds me of that Kenny Chesney song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard it, just went and listened to it. It is from a Christian band called Needtobreathe.

      Delete
  9. i love the song "washed by the water" by needtobreathe! great lbog! found you via the blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! It is so wonderful to watch our children be baptized in Christ. I pray that the Holy Spirit will continue to work in her heart and life as she gets older.

    Visiting from SITS Saturday Sharefest ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so precious! Makes me look forward to the day when my daughters make that decision. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw...this is soo glorious! My sons are not baptized yet, but I soooo look forward to the day. Heaven is surely rejoicing over her. Congratulations Tina! God bless!
    Following you now on GFC and NetworkedBlogs, from THESITSGIRLS SHAREFEST.
    http://www.ugochi-jolomi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! It looks like you had a beautiful day.

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing celebration!! I look forward to the day I see my kids make that amazing profession of faith! So awesome! Congratulations to her!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...