21 May 2012

Tiergarten Schönbrunn - World's Oldest Zoo

The Vienna Zoo, was part of the imperial summer residence of Schönbrunn Palace! The palace being one of my favorite places in Vienna!  The zoo was originally founded as an imperial menagerie in 1752. 
The zoo is usually one of those first spots we hit when we move to a new place. For some reason, that was not the case in Vienna. We seem to have done everything completely different or backwards since we moved here.

We were excited when our friends invited us to their birthday party at the zoo.  I thought Mollie was a brave soul for hosting this many kids in an open place like the zoo!  Twenty three of them (one is missing from the picture in case you count) and 7 adults!

The obligatory group pic

You know the saying "it's a bit like herding cats..."  Definitely so with this many kids!  They did really well staying together, I must say!  I was still stressed out of my mind that someone would wander away.





The elephant house

On the elephant

We stopped here to have some cupcakes and open some presents!

Opening presents 2

My sweet kiddos!

Reegan, Brennan and Karis


A few of the animals

Monkey

Isn't this cheetah gorgeous?! 

Cheetah

I LOVE this photo my hubby took!!

Up close and personal

Isn't that an awesome shot?!

Precious girls holding hands.


Karis and her friend, so sweet!


I could not resist taking a picture of the Bum Bum ice cream!  Ha!!

It was such a fun day! 

You may be seeing more about the zoo very soon.  We have a class trip there this week!!  Two trips in one month!

3 comments:

  1. My husband and I love to visit zoos--what a fun thing for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! I love all your pictures! I am visiting from Thee Blog Hop and I am a new follower! I hope you will stop by http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ and do the same.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...