16 March 2011

Won't You Meet My Neighbor

This is my neighbor, Chus (pronounced Choos.....it's an "s" sound on the end and not a "z" sound like in English).  We periodically meet for coffee (and sometimes Churros) and I really enjoy spending time with her!
She is one of my "go to" friends when I have questions.  Her family introduced us to membrillo and her highschool daughter is great with my kids.  They love them some Anna time!
She speaks much more English than I do Spanish,  but we definitely have the Spanglish thing going for us and often are looking up words!  Ha!

Chus is from Valencia (did you know in Spain it is pronounced Va-len-thia?).  Just like yesterday, she told me about Las Fallas (pronounced "fayas" in English), a fiesta in Valencia.  It sounds quite interesting!  Beautiful paper status are created all over the city and then on March 19 at 12 am they are stuffed with fireworks and lit on fire.  Spain sure has the most interesting and intriguing fiestas!  I love the creativity in this country!

Chus has invited us to go for a Saturday trip to a nearby city, Sigüenza.  We hope to plan it for two weekends from now.  I'm so excited to spend some time with them and see a new Spanish town!

If you think of it, will you pray for them?  Her husband, Alberto is an engineer and lost his job due to the economic crisis in Spain.  He is waiting on a phone call at the end of this month to see if he has been accepted for a new position with a Chinese company here in Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...