06 February 2011

Medical Care

In May I gave you a little insight into our visit to get our Czech physicals for our driver's license.
To give a little recap.....holes in the floor, 1950s church pew benches, 30 second exam for me AND Jerry, total.

Spain is in a whole different category than Czech Republic when it comes to medical care.  We've been very pleased so far.  We've mostly been seeing a Croatian born, Canadian raised, moved to Spain doctor (Ha!).  He has an office in a fairly new hospital that would be equivalent to a good hospital in the States.  We've been seeing him until this week when he stood us up!  Not sure what happened there.  Maybe we've been so sick that he is sick (ha ha) of us and didn't return our phone calls or emails.  Ok then!

Our very kind colleague got us hooked up with their pediatrician to get Brennan and Reegan in that same day.  I took one look at this doctor and knew I was going to like him.  Sure enough I did!  He spoke a tad bit of English (even saw a certificate on his wall for a seminar in New York) and took good care of our kiddos.  Had I been in good health I might have taken a picture, but I wasn't so I have none for this post.  Luckily the kids only had a cough and no infection.  By Friday Brennan had an ear infection.  Oh joy, one more thing!  Saturday morning Jerry, along with our colleague again, took Brennan to an emergency care clinic.  Again they had a good experience and Brennan is set.

Now I am fervently praying against more sickness.  I think I might go batty if we have more in our near future!

1 comment:

  1. Well - Glad you have a new Dr. you like! Sad you lost your other one and that you STILL have sickness in your house...will continue to pray it GOES AWAY!!!

    Rest up!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...