30 September 2014

Sintra, Portugal

Streets, Sintra, travel, Portugal, cobblestone 

Sintra, the first center of European romantic architecture making it the capital of romanticism.

 Streets, Sintra, travel, Portugal, cobblestone 

Steeped in history, palaces for royals, lush hills, beautiful gardens and a sweet little village.  It's understandable why Sintra is such a gem!

Streets, Sintra, travel, Portugal, cobblestone 

Like Lisbon, we were happy to wander through the beautiful, narrow, cobblestone streets of Sintra.

Streets, Sintra, travel, Portugal, cobblestone

Streets, Sintra, travel, Portugal, cobblestone 

Streets, Sintra, travel, Portugal

Streets, Sintra, travel, Portugal, cobblestone

Streets, Sintra, travel, Portugal,

Streets, Sintra, travel, Portugal, cobblestone

The National Palace of Sintra

palace, Sintra, travel, Portugal

Streets, Sintra, travel, Portugal

To finish up my last post on Portugal, I'll leave you with some photos of the coast around the Guia Lighthouse in Cascais.

lighthouse, Guia, Cascais, Portugal, travel

Guia, Cascais, Portugal, travel

Guia, Cascais, Portugal, travel

stone, steps, Guia, Cascais, Portugal, travel

Linking up again with BonnieCamilaJessi, and Amy for Travel Tuesday.



12 comments:

  1. Our day in Sintra was spent visiting all the castles, so we didn't get much time to spend exploring the actual city streets... it's nice to have a look at them through your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photographs, Tina. I've never been to Sintra but it reminds me a lot of Lisbon. The steep cobblestone streets and narrow roads are very similar! :)


    http://ablogbyrobert.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to Pena on another day. It didn't take long to walk it. It's a small area, but sure is packed with beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Sigh*


    I was daydreaming of strolling hand in hand with my husband, carrying a fresh bouquet of flowers, wandering these Portuguese streets. We ended by having a lovely picnic by the lighthouse.


    Thanks for the daydream material. The photos totally took me there.


    V
    Life+1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Portugal was one of my ALL-TIME favorite vacations! And I know the streets of Sintra all-too-well now, but mostly by accident... I got lost and ended up doing an impromptu multi-hour hike up to the castle, haha. At least it ensured that it was a city I'd never forget!


    Lovely photos!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sintra!! oh, so beautiful. those winding, market streets are out of storybooks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's understandable why! Such a lovely place! Thank you!
    I bet you won't forget Sintra any time soon!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay more Portugal! I've heard of Sintra and it looks pretty magical :) those winding streets are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photographs! I loved Sintra but we didn't make it out to the light-house by Cascais - it looks stunning around there :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...