29 April 2014

My Favorite, Can't Wait, and the Place I Live

My three month stint as co-host with Bonnie and Melanie has come to an end.  I've so enjoyed being a co-host and working alongside these two.  I look forward to this link up every week, living vicariously through everyone and reminiscing places we've been.  I'll still be around though.

-----

Bonnie has chosen a great travel theme this month that's had me doing a lot of thinking.  Our favorite place, a place we cannot wait to visit and something about the place we live.

I love to travel so to say the place I love the most is so very difficult!!  Really, every place I've been is a favorite in one way or another.

As I was watching a show set by the beach I realized that is truly my favorite place on earth.  By the ocean.  Whether it be.....

Homer, Alaska

Homer, Alaska

Galveston, Texas

Galveston, TX

 Southern, Spain

Southern Spain

Southern Spain

Or any such place, I am happy by the water!  The seafood, the smells, the sights, the water, the sand, the surf, rocks, cliffs, the wildlife, sea glass, seashells, oh how I love it all any time of year, any climate!

My Can't Wait

The place I cannot wait to visit is usually the place I am going to next.  The build up, the planning, mapping out a route of where to go and what to see gets me so excited.  Our next trip is to Portugal in June for our anniversary and I'm so looking forward to it!  Five days exploring Lisbon, Cascais, Estoril and Sintra.

The Place I Live

We currently live in the quiet town of Horsham, West Sussex.  It has quite a history, first recorded in AD 947 and is best known for horse trading in medieval times.  It's not a touristy town and not very lively if you're looking for a night life.  It is, however, a great place to raise a family with good schools, family values, and low crime rate.  It was hilarious to find that Horsham is placed 27th in the satirical book: Crap Towns: 50 Worst Places To Live in the UK.  All because they refused a night club!  Oh well, we're happy with our sleepy, so called boring town with no night club!

HorshamTownHall

Horsham has been a great location for exploring southern England.  The coast, many castles, gardens and historical towns all within easy reach.

Nyman's Garden

Ferring Beach Huts, England

Where is your favorite place and a place you can't wait to go?
-----

For my last feature as co-host, I've chosen Jamie, from ink + adventure, an American expat and teacher in Taiwan.  I was so enamored by the multiple layered grass-roof pagodas on her trip to Taman Ayun Royal Temple in Bali.  So fascinating!


------

Want to join in our Travel Tuesday link up?

HERE IS HOW IT WORKS:
1. SHARE a post about travel!  From road trips to trips abroad and from past travels to dream vacations. You can write about travel tips and tricks, favorite places to stay, or anything in between! Just make it about traveling somewhere!
2. GRAB the lovely button. If you run into trouble, just make sure to mention Bonnie, Melanie & Tina in a link! 
3. LINKUP goes live every Tuesday at 0800 GMT.

TIPS: 
1. Please only one linked up post per blogger. Save other posts for future linkups!
2. The last Tuesday of every month will be a themed prompt if you want to join in!
3. HOP around and meet new travel loving bloggers! Check back to visit some of the newer travel posts!

Travel Tuesday







22 comments:

  1. You're absolutely right with the ocean. I like almost every place at the ocean too as long as it is a northern ocean. Can't stand heat ;) And the last pictures of the beach huts is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living by the ocean really is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand about the heat! Just go to those warmer oceanside places in the winter! ;) Cheaper too! I just LOVE beach huts and would love to tour around England locating all of them. These happen to be a 40 minute drive from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do we ever stay in one place long enough to love it?! I would love to visit Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Sintra! I ADORED Sintra. I can't wait to see your photos from your upcoming trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love anything near the ocean or on water too!! Can't wait for a beach trip! Glad I'm not the only one that can't pick a favorite ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a holiday by the ocean! It seems like you have been to quite a few great places! Also that last photo of the beach huts is great, I love the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Email me what you like about Homer. We want to RV camp there this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am all about the beach and being near water too. It is my absolute favorite. You are going to have a wonderful time in Portugal. My hubby went last month and I knew instantly from his photos that I would love it. It is now on my ever growing list of places I am dying to see. Hope you are doing well. Work is keeping me crazy busy but I am still following along with all my favorite blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the beach too! I fell in LOVE with Nice's beaches and I keep dreaming of returning. West Sussex looks so charming!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good question! ;) Come and I'll go with you! :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that's good to hear!! Did you blog about it? I can't wait to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't lived right by the ocean, but I did grow up with our house next to a lake. I did love that, but I'd love to live near the ocean one day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have gotten to see a lot, but there is so much more out there to see!! :) Thanks! I do love that shot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to get to Nice! Your photos inspired me to want to get there! West Sussex is very charming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait for Portugal!!
    We are well! I've been wondering how your job and atmosphere was going for you now. Fill me in on you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's easy to do. We are 40 minutes from the coast now and we've tried to make a point of going frequently. Thanks for the compliment on the photo. I love that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tina, you are going to love it! I went before I started blogging frequently but I can say that Quinta da Regaleira was my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great list! And I think that not having a night club should not count against that town, it looks cute and charming :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the photo of the sheds - the colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't wait for your trip to Portugal! That sounds dreamy. I'll be watching for pictures.

    I'm a big beach fan as well, and it's been WAY too long. Getting my beach fix soon though. Can't wait! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...