11 March 2014

Inconvenience Turns to Good

Last week when I went into London to review the Science Tea at the Ampersand Hotel, I arrived a few hours early to take advantage of being in the city.

The day didn't start out quite as planned.  I bought my train ticket online thinking it would also allow me to ride the underground!  Unfortunately, it didn't.  The line for a tube pass at Victoria station was insane and I did not want to waste my precious time.

Before leaving home I had mapped out how far Kensington station was from Victoria station, where my train came in.  Only 2 tube stops away or over a 2 mile walk.  I had the time and wanted to see some sites anyway.  I picked up a London map and set out to walk towards my destination, Hyde Park and Kensington Garden just happened to be in the same general direction.  Sometimes a mistake can turn into something good.

Left - Serpentine Bridge, top right - Wellington Arch, bottom right - fountain in Hyde Park
Left - Albert Memorial, Top right - Kensington Palace, bottom right - Natural History Museum


Hopefully I can take the walk again on a clearer day and use the better camera instead of my phone.

Have you had an inconvenience while traveling turn into a good day?

-------

If you've been following Travel Tuesday for awhile you know Bonnie, Melanie and I each feature a post from the previous weeks link up.  This week, let's take a look at Amy's stay in a little inn in the remote village of Vilcabamba, Ecuador.

I have not traveled to South America, but would love to one day.  A remote little place like this seems prefect to take some time to get away from it all.

Want to join in our Travel Tuesday link up?

HERE IS HOW IT WORKS:
1. SHARE a post about travel! From road trips to trips abroad and from past travels to dream vacations. You can write about travel tips and tricks, favorite places to stay, or anything in between! Just make it about traveling somewhere!
2. GRAB the lovely button. If you run into trouble, just make sure to mention Bonnie, Melanie & Tina in a link! 
3. LINKUP goes live every Tuesday at 0800 GMT.


TIPS: 
1. Please only one linked up post per blogger. Save other posts for future linkups!
2. The last Tuesday of every month will be a themed prompt if you want to join in!
3. HOP around and meet new travel loving bloggers! Check back to visit some of the newer travel posts!

Travel Tuesday



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...