13 September 2013

Creating a Lover of Travel

You know you're creating a lover of travel when you have a conversations such as this.

Brennan comes into our room where I've got our sea glass collection from our beach travels.  Sitting with the glass is a tuft of seaweed from my girl's trip to Alghero, Italy last year.  Have you seen these seaweed balls created by Neptune Grass in the Mediterranean?  Really cool, although it comes on the beaches in droves and can make the beach look a bit messy, captivating at the same time.


Brennan was talking about the seaweed ball and where I got it.  He then says to me "Mom, you need to take me to Italy where you got this so we can get more."


It just got me thinking more about how travel has impacted my kids.  Later I asked him "Where has been your favorite place we've gone"?  He answered, "Alaska."  Then I asked why.  He answered "Because we got to climb a mountain and we went into the clouds and it wasn't raining in there."  It's always so fascinating to hear their answers and the memories made! 


Then I asked him where he would like to go.  He said "Somewhere hot with a pool.  Like Mexico.  Didn't you know it was hot and they have pools there?"  Ha!  So sweet!  


Happy Weekend to all of you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...