08 August 2013

St. Andrews, Scotland

We just got back from an amazing trip to Scotland!
First stop Saint Andrews to see family.
The main reason we came?  To meet Grace, of course!  More on them soon, I promise!
One of the first treats we had was meeting Hamish McHamish, St. Andrew's town cat.  He even has a book written about him!
A must is visiting the West Sands.  A beautiful sandy beach where the opening scene of Chariots of Fire was filmed.
Haggis served with neeps (turnips) and tatties (potatoes).  Smothered in the yummy gravy, it was pretty good!!  A strong, gamey flavor but worth trying.
 
Kate & Wills gave this coffee shop it's claim to fame! 
I was in love with all the colorful doors around town!
The East Sands.  My kids LOVE the beach!  They are quite the beachcombers along with my husband.  We have shells, rocks and sea glass from all our beach adventures.
We took a trip down the road to the cutest fishing village, Crail.
Fishing cottage in Crail.
The Museum  of St. Andrews is very kid friendly with several interactive things to do.  Try on a red undergraduate robe.  A future St. Andrews undergrad, maybe??
The ruins of St. Andrews Cathedral
City walls that dates back to medieval times.
I loved these old crude steps near the Old Course.
One last view of St. Andrews.
We so enjoyed our time in this ancient Scottish town.  So rich in history and charm!  I'm sure we'll be back!
Today, I'm linking up to Instagram Travel Thursday.

12 comments:

  1. Looks amazing!!! I especially love the colorful doors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those colourful doors, they kind of reminded me of some parts of Dublin. Thanks for participating in the Linky, it will be interesting to follow your journey in Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved St. Andrews. We went there around NYE a few years ago. This makes me want to go back now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. So beautiful. Love all the doors, the houses, and of course, the cat.

    Thanks for linking up with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colorful doors, the beaches and the old buildings. And as Leigh said above, the cat... what a great face he has!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great place to visit, & I agree those door photo really well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haggis actually looks a little tasty! I'm still not sure it's my cup of tea, though. Hopefully, some day I'll make it to Scotland and get to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh-Mazing! The description of "Haggis served with neeps (turnips) and tatties (potatoes). " had me hooked. I stopped reading and started following you on instagram :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the doors!! And those arched walls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful scenery and beautiful kiddos! I love the idea of a instagram travel link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely! I love that you have photos of doors. I am all the time taking photos of doors and door knockers here in England. Its my favourite thing to do...will have to blog just about that one day. Wonderful post and I really loved that the kids got to try on graduate robes! Thank you for linking up with Belinda and I for Travel Tuesday!

    Bonnie Rose | A Compass Rose

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...