13 December 2012

Christmas Decor

I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner to share my Christmas decor.  Welcome!

Seeing as I started with nothing as far as Christmas decorations (it's all packed up in England), I was pretty proud of what I came up with!
Friends lent us a tree and lights.  I was already in the process of changing out my decor (that's in storage on the other side of the pond) and was looking for some new ornaments to take back with us.  I am so pleased with how it turned out.  

I love just staring at the tree!


Especially at night with all the other lights in the house turned out.


I started by wrapping the tree with grapevine and tulle, which I think I will do from now on!  Love it!


I purchased mostly white ornaments, embellished with sparkly things like white, sparkly branches, strands of crystal gems and hung some leftover bells on jute,


The most important thing about this season.....the little baby Jesus.  




I love these glass ornaments I found at Kohl's.  I bought a letter for each of us.


My plan for next Christmas is to have 2 trees.  A white one and a traditional one with all our sentimental ornaments.  On our Alaska trip, I was so happy to find an Alaska state flag ornament and will be happy to add it to our sentimental ornaments.


This one too!


Love my Starbucks ornaments!


And I love these little skates!!




I saw this sled at Marshall's and just couldn't resist.



I was going to update our stockings as well, but I couldn't bring myself to drop a lot of money for linen stockings.  I am not much of a crafter or sewer.  I've dabbled a bit, but I haven't felt very successful.  However, these stockings were the easiest thing to make and I LOVE how they turned out.




My mantel is a bit bare, but we're trying not to buy too many things to take back with us to England.


No matter, I still love how it looks!


I haven't had a large nativity.  Just small ones and I was determined to find one while in the US.  I was leaning towards the Willow Tree nativity, but then I saw this one at Kohl's for much cheaper and a similar style and chose to save some money!


I love it too!


Cute little reindeer.


And I leave you with these beautiful lyrics that touched me today.
Joseph's Lullaby sung by MercyMe.

Go to sleep my Son
This manger for your bed
You have a long road before You
Rest Your little head

Can You feel the weight of Your glory?
Do You understand the price?
Or does the Father guard Your heart for now
So You can sleep tonight?

Go to sleep my Son
Go and chase Your dreams
This world can wait for one more moment
Go and sleep in peace

I believe the glory of Heaven
Is lying in my arms tonight
Lord, I ask that He for just this moment
Simply be my child

Go to sleep my Son
Baby, close Your eyes
Soon enough You'll save the day
But for now, dear Child of mine
Oh my Jesus, Sleep tight

Beautiful!

5 comments:

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...