15 December 2012

Hug Them Closer

I snapped a few photos of these two doing their reading homework together.  So sweet!

We'd just enjoyed some time with family, celebrating a graduation.  There was food, laughter and saying our goodbyes as my niece and her husband move to California.  


We hopped in the car to leave and all I heard on the radio was over 20 children dead from a school shooting.  I scrambled for my phone to check the web.  I was in a bit of a panic knowing my own children were currently in school.  Then learned it was in Connecticut.

I sat there teary eyed.  All I could do was imagine the horror, the sadness, the faces of frightened children.  

Christmas will never be the same for these families.

We didn't see our children yesterday after school.  They were picked up by Nana & Papa, taken to see a Christmas light show, had their first visit with Santa (That's right, no Santa pics before now. That's part of being a third culture kids) and spent the night.  

We knew they were in good hands.  At the same time I wanted to hug them a little closer.

I join many in praying for these families and this community as they mourn, remember their loved ones and heal.

Hubby and I had a date night last night.  Something we haven't had in ages.  We got a few needed things done and saw a movie.  I don't know when the last time was we saw a movie, alone, together.

And......

I SLEPT IN!!

Hallelujah was that a treat!  Ha!!

I would have slept longer had hubby not been clanking around in the kitchen, God love him! Ha!

I was happy to see my kiddos when we picked them up.  I don't think they were as excited to see us.  Ha! They were having a great time with Nana & Papa!

Most days are filled with some type of whining, arguing, frustration, wanting to pull my hair out and I know it is all contributing to the gray streak in my hair that I'm sure becomes grayer every day.

Tonight, I saw their sweet little photo with Santa and I got to hug each one at bedtime.  Even when they resisted falling asleep! 


 However, I'm thankful.

This world can be a dark place, but I'm going to do all I can to make it a brighter place for my kids because Jesus is that light that came to save this fallen, broken world.




2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos:) I too have wanted to give my two bigger hugs than usual after school and playgroup. Such a tragic event, but certainly makes you thankful. Hope you have a peaceful Christmas, Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry, Merry Christmas! We have a lot to be blessed for this year, and being able to hug our children is one of them.

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...