03 September 2012

Last Moments in Vienna

Boy, do I need to catch up.  I can't believe we're approaching 4 weeks  in the US.  It's been busy, but first I want to write down and put up pictures before I forget details of those last few hours in Vienna.

The Saturday before we left, we spent a few hours in the Hook's World!  I say that because that's the name of their website.  Ha!  My kids love these people!  And the Hooks love my kiddos!  Special times!!
Me & Kellye


Our kiddos, minus Sarah Beth who is in college.  

Hannah, Reegan, Karis, John & Brennan.  Cute bunch, huh?!


Sarah Beth lived with us in Prague for about 6 weeks, I think, when my babies were not even a year old.  She has fond memories of babies crawling on her head first thing in the morning on our living room couch.  Luckily, we got to see her when she visited Vienna this summer.


The kiddos with Uncle Marc & Aunt Kellye


We'll miss these guys, but we know we'll see them again! 

Our last day with our church family at Crossway in Vienna.


This picture above cracked me up.  Take a look at Jerry's belly!  The way his shirt was pulled gave him a slightly pregnant look!  Ha!!


Chit-chatting after church.  We'll miss all of them!!



After church we headed to dinner for one last meal at our favorite Italian Restaurant, Vapiano's.
Lots of girls amidst our bunch, so Brennan escapes for some pondering time.  I love this photo!


Karis & Libby!


Daughter (Libby above) like mother (Christina, below)!  Ha!!


A difficult goodbye was to Samson the cat.  Samson has been with Jerry & I since we got him on my birthday in January 2001 in Moscow, Russia.



Samson really was not much of a kid's cat, but our guys loved him anyway and were sad to have to leave him behind.  He first was staying with the friends who moved into our house.  He has since gone to an Austrian family that lives close by.


Brennan looses his first tooth right before leaving Vienna.


Celebrating!  Or really just using up the leftover sparklers we had.


Tuesday morning we were up bright and early for our flight.  Just a few of our 11 bags!


We could not have asked for a smoother check-in and British Airways treated us right!  Even let us board the plane first!  I think we had the only kids on the flight from Vienna to London.


The last leg of our 2 flights, London to Dallas.  The kids were so excited to have their own tv screens on the chair in front of them.  Apparently, Reegan is very excited about her free toothbrush too!


I've not done very well at taking pictures since we've arrived.  I guess you could say I've been enjoying the company and our surroundings more!  Don't worry, I'll share more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...