04 August 2012

The Boxes Are Gone


Our things are all packed and loaded in the truck.  It will make it's way to a storage facility in England and wait for our arrival in February.


Reegan begged to help me mop!


We sure enjoyed our little Vienna house.  Part of what made it interesting was it's quirkiness.

This was the loft that was our master bedroom.


I loved this space, although it was an oven up there on hot days!

On the left side of the picture you can see a little wall that juts out, that is a very small bathroom, with no door and a shower stall!!

I don't think I ever showed pictures of this room finished.  Probably because it really never was.  I had great ideas for a white, country cottage bedroom.


It was a bit funny to find dates all around the house, mostly in the yard.  But I remember seeing this date on the beam for the first time after we moved in and I thought it was so cool!!  If these walls could talk.  I'm sure it's seen some history!

1982


Dates around the yard!!

1973


1972


It's been a good little house and we are so glad to know that some friends are moving in next week!!  I hope they enjoy it as much as we did!


4 comments:

  1. Moving....it goes on and on! Where are you now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh the stories a house can tell! Can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. {Melinda} I love houses like that with so much character. I live in Florida where every house looks about the same -- and is less than 20 years old! :) Blessings on your move -- your sweet girl is adorable. Enjoy the days where they beg to help with chores! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...