04 July 2012

A Time With Friends at Schonbrunn


I've spoken of Schonbrunn several times on my blog and it is most definitely my favorite spot in Vienna!  If it just weren't so far away from our house, I'd be there more often!

Kristi & Mollie wanted to get family pictures taken before they left Vienna so we jumped at the chance to join them!

We started out by taking a train up to the Glorieta.



Buddies, Reegan & Ian, on the train!!


Karis & Thad, classmates, church friends and all around good buddies!  Aren't they sweet?!


Group shot!  

I'm going to miss these guys as Mollie and her family move back to Mississippi, Kristi to Tennessee and us to England.  I'm so thankful for the precious times we had together!!

I'm not a big fan of ME being involved in jumping pictures, but these weren't too bad.  The kids loved it!




These next ones are my favorites though.
 These crack me up!!  Brennan is not too fond of holding his sister's hand!!  Ha!

Sweet family! 


Precious family!


I love this shot that Kristi captured!


Got all the kids in the jumping action!



"I thank my God every time I remember you." Philippians 1:3 
This verse comes to mind when I think of these two!  
What a blessing they have been to me this past year!


Kristi brought me to tears when she posted the above picture on facebook with this quote from C.S. Lewis:

“In friendship…we think we have chosen our peers. In reality a few years’ difference in the dates of our births, a few more miles between certain houses, the choice of one university instead of another…the accident of a topic being raised or not raised at a first meeting–any of these chances might have kept us apart. But, for a Christian, there are, strictly speaking no chances. A secret master of ceremonies has been at work. Christ, who said to the disciples, “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you,” can truly say to every group of Christian friends, “Ye have not chosen one another but I have chosen you for one another.” The friendship is not a reward for our discriminating and good taste in finding one another out. It is the instrument by which God reveals to each of us the beauties of others.”  ~C.S. Lewis

One last photo op at the u-bahn station.


It's been quite a year.  It's not all been easy, but the Lord gave us some wonderful blessings through it all!

We're down to 5 weeks until we hit American soil!!  We can't wait!!

3 comments:

  1. Fun pictures ... great quote from C.S.Lewis, I had never read it before. Cool to think that God orchestrates all that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful place. I've been to Austria, and I loved it, but I've never been to Vienna.

    So, are you moving back to America now? Where?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very glad you had such great friends to share your time in Vienna with! Looking forward to hearing what God has in store for you in England!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...