02 July 2012

Vintgar Gorge, Slovenia

We said goodbye to Kristi & Eli, ate some lunch and headed out to see Vintgar Gorge.  

Another gorgeous place in this area of northern Slovenia.  The gorge is a series of paths and wooden bridges that take you on a beautiful walk above the Radovna River.
Reminded me of my days of river walks in Alaska!  Even the fresh smells took me back to my past!

Having a fear of heights made it a bit nerve-wracking.  It took me some time to feel at ease, Brennan too, but we finally felt a bit comfortable and eased cautiously along.


The kids got in to throwing rocks which sent me into a bit of a tizzy.  

I could just see them loosing their footing and hurling down the bank and into the rushing water. 


 I tried not to freak out too much.  A kid needs to be a kid and I LOVED throwing rocks when I was their age!!  

Occasionally I reminded them to be VERY careful, while my heart jumped into my throat a few times!!

Once we got to the end we let the kids have some ice cream.
After a bit of ice cream we walked back the way we came.

I just loved this waterfall with the bridge high above.


Not sure what the bridge is used for, or if it is even used anymore.  

The weather was warm and the kids were begging us to go swimming in the lake.  

I thought this was the cutest little fire hydrant!



The lake isn't very big.  Many people walk the whole way around.  We opted to drive, behind this cute little car, nonetheless, and pick out a swimming spot.


We gave the kids about 45 minutes before to swim  before heading to dinner.

I don't have any actual shots of swimming taking place, but as I watched all our stuff I got some shots of the view.  Such a relaxing spot to sit and take in the view!


Reegan joined me in a foot shot!


And posed for a head shot.


Some shots from the drive around the lake.



The next morning, before heading home, we went to the lake one last time.  

The kids wanted to give the last of our bread to the ducks.







We already miss you, Bled.  Karis was anxious to stay and live with you forever!!

Hope you enjoyed our little journey to this beautiful hideaway!!

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Love it...I'm always telling myself to take a breath and let my boys be boys, but they are definitely climbing, rock throwing, jumping off of, diving under, giving their mama a heart attack, BOYS!! Looks like you all had such fun!! I'm sure Ennis will be just like it! :0)

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...