17 June 2012

Poodles & Superheros

Throwing one party for boy/girls twins with drastically different tastes and desires can be challenging.  However, I want them each to feel important on their special day, so each year I aim to create 2 parties in one.

This is Brennan's 3rd year of some kind of Spiderman theme!  I talked him into Superheros instead.  What can I say, the boy loves his superhero!!  For his birthday I let him pick out a new superhero costume and I was surprised when he didn't chose to update his Spiderman costume and chose Iron Man instead!!


All the decor was from using free printables I found online.  Cake toppers, a sucker with a superhero outfit, food labels and wall decorations.

This is Reegan's 2nd year of having a party that included puppies of some sort.  Last year, it was dalmatians.  This year, poodles.
Reegan's decor was also from using free printables I found online. 
The kids loved those marshmallows on a skewer!  

In the past, I have put my time and effort into the cake.  This year, I put my time and effort into the decorations.  I've found that both are equally time consuming and maybe I can find some kind of happy medium in the future.

Goodie Bags!


Brennan & his superhero friends!

Reegan and the girls!


Eli got in the superhero action!  His mom, Kristi made this cute, pinterest inspired cape out of an old 30 Rock t-shirt!  Ha!





Blowing out the candles!!


 I loved that someone thought to get them Vienna shirts to remember there time in Vienna!



The party mostly over, a few friends left mingling and I found Reegan drawing in her new drawing book.

I love the poodle tu-tu I found for her!  Little princess!!



They had a fun time and I'm so glad!  I'm also glad birthday season is over for another year!  Ha!

1 comment:

  1. What great ideas! Love that you let them each have their own theme!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...