08 November 2011

Wiener Naturhistorische Museum

I am not normally a museum kind of person.  Jerry could spend hours in a museum, reading every bit of information.  I, on the other hand, skim through and then go wait on a bench somewhere for Jerry.  Ha!

The original plan was to go to the zoo, but it was too cold.  So, my friend Stacy suggested the museum.  So off we went!

It is so nice to see how the museums here are so accepting of kids.  Under the age of 19 get in free!

First stop was the dinosaurs!  We had no idea the treat we would get!  A life size, animated dinosaur!  The kids weren't too sure what to think.

We had to assure them that it was not real, just pretend!  Ha!

 Reegan called this a chicken dinosaur!  Ha!  Sure looks like one to me too!


There were all kinds of life sized animals.



I'm sure glad I wasn't around when these bugs existed.  Can you imagine that thing running into you?!


This was made to look like it was coming out of the glass.

The kids pumped this lever up and down to make a volcano erupt.

There she blows!

The kids were curious if this guy was really hanging in a box.



A little remind of Alaska! *Sigh*

Checking out some worms under a microscope.
So many types of shells.  I loved this one!

We had fun with our friends, Jack & Lucas and Stacy.

For not being a museum person, we had fun! I think we'll have to go back again!

4 comments:

  1. We've got some mutual friends as we were isc'ers in Germany for 3 years. Thanks for sharing your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the museums. There's nothing in the middle of nowhere. That one looks like a really cool one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll have to see if I can snap a picture of "home" for you. Every time I see a moose, I don't have my camera. I do have pictures of hoof prints in my yard though ;) Oh yeah, and moose poo. HA!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...