11 November 2011

Kürbisfest

I was excited when my friend, Kristi, invited us to go to a Kürbisfest (Pumpkinfest) in the town of Obermarkersdorf.

Let me start out by telling you a little bit about my friend, Kristi.  We actually met over a year ago, but not in the traditional sense.  We met as bloggers!  She's the first blogger I've met in person and we've become fast friends.
They have been living in Vienna for the last 4 years and her hubby is a trombonist for the Vienna Philharmonic.  How cool is that?!

Back to the Kurbisfest.  We took SO many pictures!  So I made a slide show.
Just to give you a little bit of background, if you so choose to look through the slides.  You will see pumpkin displays showcasing places around the world.  Some of them were really good.  Others were a bit cheesy.
We had SO much fun!  I look forward to going again next year!
Here are a few of my favorites from the day.

Kristi's beautiful family!
That one was great, but what about this one?
Ha!
Our parking spot.....a corn field!!!  The kids thought that was pretty cool!
Making our way into Obermarkersdorf to the activities!
I just LOVE the Fall colors!!
 Maybe I'm biased, but aren't they cute?!

The Pipi Box.  Yes, it's what you think it is!  This just cracked us up!!


And they even have brochures!!!  Kristi decided to pick one up!


We couldn't believe there was a Texas display!!  Kristi & Jeremy had also lived in Texas for a time, so we all enjoyed a bit of home!!

And I'll leave you with a family photo!!
 Things got a little silly!!
 Can't go to a Kürbisfest without buying a kürbis!
Oh, did we ever have a great time!  Can't wait until next year!

3 comments:

  1. Love Europe in the fall - Looks like you are enjoying every moment of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 Your family is just so beautiful...it brings tears to my eyes thinking of years ago on HP.

    #2 My favorite pic in the slide show is the Nord Pol display...since I now live in North Pole, AK! It amazes me how many times I see references to the North Pole. I have to giggle all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such fun...your kiddos are indeed adorable! Believe it or not, we didn't make it to a pumpkin patch this year. What a bummer!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...