24 May 2011

Re-visit from Moli & a Recipe

Last week I mentioned our weekend visitor, Moli.  But I forgot to explain who he is and why he was visiting for the weekend.  In the Fall I wrote about Karis' weekend visitor, Aris, a mascot (for lack of a better word) for her class.  Moli is the mascot for Brennan & Reegan's class. 
Reegan had her turn with Moli last weekend and this weekend was Brennan's turn.
After school on Friday we went to the park by our house.
My kids would love to go after school every day and some moms take their kids every day.  I just can't do that.  I have too many other things to do. 

Saturday we had a picnic with some colleagues and the students from the Baptist seminary.  It was a beautiful day!
I was asked to bring a potato salad and decided on one of my favorites.  Salad Olviet, a Russian potato salad.
Look at all that goodness!!  Recipe to follow.
On Sunday we headed to church where Brennan forgot Moli in the car, oops!  But we remembered him
for eats at Taco Bell, our Sunday after church meal!
And can't forget to include Moli in our Bible story time.  We want to take every opportunity to show and share our faith (not to Moli, but to the teacher and kids at school ;)). 
Fun times in the Barnwell household!

And if you were waiting for it, here's the Salad Oliviet recipe.  Some of the ingredients may sound strange, but trust me, it's good!

1 c. diced, cooked chicken breast
1 large potato, peeled, boiled, and cut into bite size pieces
1 medium carrot, peeled, cooked, and cut into bite size pieces (I use canned)
2/3 c. cooked green peas (I use canned)
1 medium red apple, cored, and cut into bite size pieces
1 large dill pickle, diced
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
2 T. chopped fresh dill
Salt and pepper to taste
DRESSING:
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/3 c. sour cream
1-1/2 t. Dijon mustard
1 T. lemon juice
1/2 t. sugar

In a large bowl, combine the chicken, potato, carrot, peas, apple, pickle, eggs, and dill.
Mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
To prepare the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl, and mix thoroughly.
Add the dressing to the salad and toss gently, careful not to mash the ingredients.  If it looks a bit dry, just make up another batch of the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...