24 May 2011

School, Housing, Sorting, Packing, Applying, Planning

I can't say that I've had much to blog about lately.  But, I'll let you see what is continuously cycling through my brain!

*Last week I spent several hours filling out and scanning school applications for the kid's new school in Vienna.  As long as everything continues smoothly, they should be attending the International Christian School of Vienna.  It is an English speaking school which is completely different than this year in Spanish.  For many different reasons, I'll spare you the details, we chose this school.  On my trip to Vienna I was able to visit the school, fell in loved with it and could envision my kids in the classrooms.  What I most like is it is not an American bubble.  Kids from all over the world attend and I love that!

*We are also in the midst of looking for housing.  Our "release" date from Spain is July 30.  We've been searching online and talking with a colleague in Vienna.  We've been trying to figure out if and when to fly over there to look at places.  "Do we go the beginning of June or wait until the beginning of July? Do we go ahead and move and find month long accommodations and look?"  It is all mind boggling!

*We've decided to leave some larger pieces of furniture behind.  We have a certain size truck that we can pack our things into and need to get busy selling and ridding ourselves of these things.

*American Embassy visit!!  Brennan and Reegan turn 5 in 2 weeks and that means it's time for new passports!  I'm sure glad I remembered before we have to get on a plane to move to Vienna!

*A week from today we are taking the kids out of school for a week and taking off for  Benalmadena, Spain where we went last summer.  I am so looking forward to it!  Beach, surf, sun, and maybe a return trip to Gibraltar!!

*Six days after we get back from our vacation I will be stepping on a plane to America, by myself!!  I am ready for a little dose of home!!  I will spend 2 nights in TX with my family, then head to Orange County, CA for a BOD meeting with my Hannah's Prayer gals!  Then 2 nights back in TX and then back to Spain.  It is going to be a whirlwind trip and I am SO going to be jet-lagging!

*Then it's time to pack, pack, pack!  Didn't we just do this a year ago?  Why yes we did!  Are we crazy or what?!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Tina, thanks for stopping by my blog today. Wow, you are one inspiring lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be moving to Berlin in January! Maybe one day we can meet! Thanks for sharing your journey!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...