26 April 2011

Birthday Bashin'

We kicked off Monday of last week celebrating Karis' birthday. We had planned on starting the day with a trip to the zoo and finishing up with a party, but the zoo was a ZOO!  Ha!  The line was CA-RAZY!!  I had this idea that everyone left Madrid for the coast for the Easter break, but boy, was I wrong! It seemed like everyone was there!

It took a bit of convincing to get her to leave, a bribe promise that we would play hooky and go on a school day and the fact that she would get THREE days of birthday celebrations. She even got to go play at a park as well as a birthday lunch out at TGIFridays complete with a birthday serenade!




I had made the cakes the day before, but I was actually glad for the way things turned out as it gave me more time to get ready.

Karis wanted a Hannah Montana party. I had a guitar cake pan left over from a colleague and then just needed to pick up a few things to add.




Thanks to all our colleague friends for celebrating with us!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! We did a Hannah Montana party for Kestra's 10th birthday and it was so fun! We had a guitar pinata! Way to go Missy Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Karis!
    That cake is incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...