17 March 2011

Antiperspirant FAIL

Several years ago we discussing European antiperspirant with some friends that lived in a neighboring central European country.
In the US, we always just called it deodorant.  In Europe, you do not want to buy just deodorant. It is very important that you look for that crucial word "antiperspirant."  There are not as many options, but you can find it.
Having agreed with our friends that the antiperspirant we were buying in Europe wasn't quite as potent as the US version, I started having some brought to me from the US (or buying it when we were there).
Upon moving to Spain I ran out.  I figured that this country would have a comparable version.  Most people here smell very nice, so I figured I wouldn't have any problems.

Whoa, was I wrong.  Honestly, it is probably all me and not anything to do with Spain antiperspirant.  Cause let me tell ya, this girl can sweat!  I thought what I had bought was working alright until I had quite the surprise one day recently!  Let me just say "Eww!"

I know you all were dying to know that!  Ha!

I don't want to sound like I am brand bashing either, but I have now tried 2 different antiperspirants and I am not impressed!
Fortunately for me, my parents arrive in less than 3 weeks!!!  Guess what's on that "Gotta have it from America list?"  You betcha, antiperspirant!

I even went so far as visiting the website of my favorite brand, Secret!  
Who goes and looks at antiperspirant websites???
Me!  Ha!
Wow, they've got all kinds of new scents and options!!

I had to ask Jerry how his was holding up.  He said it was working fine for him.
In our antiperspirant discussion he had me take a look at the back of his.  This is what he found.
Down in the bottom right hand corner....... "Made in Russia for export only."

We got a good laugh out of that!!

You see, they don't use antiperspirant in Russia (ok, some probably do), but it's made there!!

And it might be that I went to the store and bought my husband's antiperspirant for myself.  I'm not saying for sure.  Ha!

5 comments:

  1. Do you remember me posting about this exact same thing last year!??! Oh my word, I had to throw a shirt out! My housekeeper told me once that they tried to decide if it was better to apply before you began smelling or afterward- guess what they concluded!? So, not surprised with the "export only!" I love Secret, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- the things I take for granted in the US! Thanks so much for visiting Finding Heaven. Looks like you have an amazing life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I would be in trouble too. And I wouldn't hesitate to use the hubs deodorant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so familiar. Yes, Degree antiperspirant is all I can use and that has to come from the U.S. I stock up and have people bring it for me.

    Laughing at the comment above too--our staff doesn't even know what deodorant is. Phewww!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me only speedstick works. I live in super hot and humid singapore.

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...