09 December 2010

My Christmas Music List

Free Stock Photo: Illustration of a Christmas caroler.

The Lord sure uses music to speak to my heart and some Christmas songs do just that. 

If you haven't heard "How Many Kings" by DownHere you MUST take the time to listen.  Wow, what a message woven into this song!  It's at the top of my list!  I found this interview with Kevin, the lead singer, about how the song came about and you can have a listen as well.

I love MercyMe and Amy Grant's version of "Silent Night."  I LOVE to sing along as they harmonizes!  Just beautiful!

Jars of Clay's first single of Little Drummer Boy is my favorite and I've just discovered two song on their newer album, Hibernation Day and Love Came Down is beautiful too!

Among my secular favorites is definitely Brenda Lee's version of "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree!"  It's been a favorite since I was a kid.  When I hear it, it stirs up memories of Christmas' passed.
Among my other favorites would be "Baby Please Come Home" by U2, "I Saw Three Ships" by Sting, "Last Christmas" by Jimmy Eat World and "Wonderful Christmas Time" by Paul McCartney.

So what are some of your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. The other evening I took my family to a local Christmas market. Twinkling lights, cooking smells, brightly-coloured stalls, lots of acquaintances. In the middle of everything, a large brass band playing Silent Night, which hit me with a bolt of nostalgia so powerful I had to hide round a corner and have a little weep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! Between your list and mine - we'd have a perfect musical Christmas! I went over to listen to How Many Kings - Loved it! Posted the song on Facebook. I'd never heard Jars of Clay Christmas songs - but am now on the hung for a good CD in the car. Which do you recommend? (For Christmaws) My guys are not "digging" (LOL) the older songs right now!

    Merry Christmas!

    http://bluecottonmemory.wordpress.com/2009/12/06/sing-we-now-of-christmas-songs-for-the-season/

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...