05 December 2010

Sickness Wins

Our friends asked us to head to the mountains for some sledding on Saturday.  I was excited!
We packed up for our day, being sure to pack some extra clothes and food.  I even spent time getting some thermoses together to have some hot drinks.  I was so proud of my self for thinking of it!  Ha!

I had just seen some little paddle sleds for about €3, so we headed to the sporting goods store to grab some.  As well as a bunch of other stuff.  What was suppose to be a quick trip for sleds turned into grabbing some waterproof gloves, a new coat for Reegan, a vest for me, an extra shirt for Brennan and a few other odds and ends.

Brennan had come to my bedside early in the morning telling me he had a fever.  I felt him and no sign of fever.  I guess it should have been a sign.  And he was grouchy that morning.  While walking through the store Brennan started complaining of being cold and he was just fussy.
We got in the car and our friends called that they were caught in traffic.  We soon found that we were in traffic too.  We later learned that their was a walk out of the air traffic controllers at the Madrid airport and figure that contributed to the traffic.
We had to do a bit of map searching and doubling back to find the right trek.  I soon looked back and saw that Brennan was asleep.  Another sign that he was probably sick.  Jerry wanted to trudge on.  Due to our doubling back we went right by our place.  Brennan woke up and felt sick and was whining and really wanted to go home.  We were about 5 minutes past our place and decided we better just head home.  Karis cried for about oh, a half an hour!  We had to remind her that we were in this place just a short week ago when our Thanksgiving plans were altered for said girl being sick.  That didn't make a bit a difference to her, of course.

All that time and money for nothing!  Isn't that just the life with little kids and the season of sickness?!  Oh well, maybe not for nothing.  The kids have the next 3 days off for the Spanish Constitution Day and the Immaculate Conception Day.  Maybe we'll have a chance to get to the mountains for some sledding one of those days!

I guess the day wasn't a total loss.  I decided to start a little Christmas goody making.  More on that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...