13 December 2010

Christmas Tour of Homes

I'm joining in on two different Christmas Tour of Homes, Kelly's Korner and Nesting Place.  I love sharing Christmas in my home!
Our eclectic tree!


One day I'd like to have a more grown up, formal tree and make this our kid's tree.  But, right now apartment living in Spain doesn't really allow the space for that.  I'd also like to replace this tree with a taller, skinnier tree, but that hasn't happened yet.  What matters is that my kid's love it!

 Some of my favorite ornaments!


The ball and snowflake are crystal from Czech Republic, our home for 9 years.



The blue one below is too fragile to go on the tree, so it sits on the bookshelf where it is safer! It is from Kazakhstan.


The angel is very special because my hubby picked her out!  Many years ago he braved the after Christmas sales, when I had to work, and picked her out all on his own.  I just love her!


I found this wooden Santa here in Spain just a few weeks ago and I just love him!  He came at an incredible price too!


The top of our bookshelf in the family room.


I love this guy.  He was given to me by a friend from Finland.


  "S novem godem" is how you say the Cyrillic letters below.  It is translated "With the new year." We bought this when we lived in Russia about 11 years ago.  They do not celebrate Christmas on December 25 as we do, but on December 31 along with New Years Eve.


Some of the items on our bookshelf.  These are stacking dolls from Russia.


The letters spell "collector."  My oldest daughter and I have a little game where she likes to move the letters around to see if I notice.  Silly girl!



Crystal tree and snowman from Czech Republic and a Polish pottery tea light candle tree.


Can't forget my kid's Little People Nativity!


 Various items from my snowman collection I started several years ago.  It was my reminder of Christmas' in Alaska growing up.


 Snowman from Germany.....



and Czech Republic.  It says "Merry Christmas" in Czech.


I had to add this next snowman because it has become a funny for me now.  My hubby says he looks like he's been hung on a noose.  Ha!


 I just picked these tin signs up here in Spain.  I like the old world look to them.



This little guy welcomes you as you enter in.  He's about 2 feet tall.


My mom made these stockings.  Mine was given to me in highschool.  Jerry received his our first year of marriage and my kids' followed when they were born.  They are so special!


I got it in my mind several years ago that I wanted to quilt a tree skirt.  I commandeered my mother-in-law to help.  Actually she did all the measuring and I did most of the sewing with her helping me get it all set up on the machine.  I loved it so much that I couldn't cut a hole in if for the tree.  Ha!  Now it just sites on the back of the couch.  I just love it!



Items in my kitchen.
This is Polish pottery that I picked up while living in Prague.  We were only about 4 hours from the town the Polish pottery factories were located.  I went on occasion and picked up these plates on one of my trips.  I only have 4 of them, that's all they had.  I'm not sure if these are still made, but I'd like to get more some day.


The plate on the right is also Polish pottery.  I picked up 2 of them to have 6 plates total.  The other plate is from a set my mother-in-law gave me when she decided to get a new plate set.  So now I have an 18 piece Christmas set of plates.


Can't forget the drink ware!  I loved these when I saw them at Target a couple of years ago while in the US.


I couldn't leave my kids out when it comes to dinnerware!  Ha!  They love these plates that I also picked up at Target a couple of years ago!  Here is a lunch of champions!


I like to keep this mock eggnog around for eggnog lattes!  Yum!


 And my new addition (as of last year) that I've enjoyed keeping around, Cranberry Punch.  More yumminess!


 The hallway to our rooms is decorated with another set of stockings.


 And last but not least our home would not be complete without Christmas tunes playing as often as possible!


Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. That is SERIOUSLY impressive. I don't even own one Christmas plate! And I love your around the world theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your round the globe ornaments! And I have the same JOY nativity decoration...I love it too.

    Blessings to you this Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I love Christmas time and decorating - we don't have a lot of decorations but hope to get more and more each year! I also go to the after Christmas sales and also get things at Garage Sales!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your polish pottery, I have a lot of polish pottery myself. Also, I think that it's awesome that you have adopted. I am adopted, and my husband I are in the process of domestic adoption. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a TON of Christmas stuff! Wow, I feel underdecorated now! I love all the things from different countries. Now I feel undercultured too...man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how everything has a special meaning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I have the same JOY with Joseph, Mary and jesus in it! :) Fun decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    I love all your touches...especially the angel that your hubs picked up! I bought my kids the Little People Nativity this year and it will be the gift they get to open with their Christmas pjs on Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I am so impressed with your worldly decorations. So pretty and unique!

    Merry Christmas from Kansas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home looks like a lovely place to be, especially this time of year!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...