01 May 2010

Out On The Town

After our retreat was over, one or our team families stayed a few extra days.  The first day me and the kids tagged along with them to Prague's tv tower, otherwise known as the Baby Tower.
See why we call it the Baby Tower?

Have a look closer!


A Czech artist by the name of David Černý put babies on the tower (not sure how that came about).  The locals liked it and the babies became a permanent fixture.  The tower has one of the best views in Prague.


Michael snapped this photo of our neighborhood.


 I didn't bring a camera and he did a great job of capturing my kiddos (while Angela stood behind and held the kids on the ledge.  Ha!)!






The next day, Michael was one sick guy.  I hated for their last day to be spent inside and we didn't NEED our 6 kids to be cooped up, even if Michael couldn't go.  So, us 2 mamas got brave and went out on the town.  And did you hear me say "SIX KIDS!!!"  I don't go very far with my 3 alone, so the fact that I was suggesting this was a major step forward for me!  Ha!  And I later realized that because of my confidence, it made Angela confident to do it!  Ha!  I suggested to Angela that we take the funicular up to the top of Petřín Hill.

 There is a beautiful walk over to the castle with beautiful views.
When we got to the funicular there was a huge tour group, so we decided to wait.  I knew there was a little play area right around the corner.


 We let the kids play and then decided to go check out the line.  We had to wait a short time and soon found ourselves loading up on the funicular to the top.

 There are some beautiful gardens at the top and with the trees and flowers budding it is a great time to take a stroll......or run in the case of our kiddos!  Ha!



 We found another little play area and made another stop.
Here we are in front of the Observation Tower on Petřín Hill, a mini replica of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
 I decided we could walk down the hill.....me forgetting how steep it was, but the kids did well and we shot through an orchard to get to "Mickey Ds" a little quicker.  It was a gorgeous walk down.
I should have known that the McDonald's by the Charles Bridge would be a mad house with little to no seating.  There is a small courtyard behind the McDonald's and we headed back there with the kids.  It was disgusting back there!!  There had to be layers of dirt and food with probably the occasional homeless finding it as a refuge in the cold (although we didn't see any).  While I went to order, taking Angela's 7 year old to help me, Angela found some paper to put down for the kids to sit on.  It was not ideal but in this area of town there was really no where else to take them.  But, we made the most of it and some Italian students fell in love with Angela's littlest even stopping to take pictures with him.  It was kind of humorous!

 We were so proud of ourselves for making it through, even though I had a peak of frustration with our McDonald's situation (mostly mad at myself for thinking this particular McDonald's would be doable.  Oh and maybe that 2 of our kids dropped their burgers on those nasty steps.  Ha!).
We caught a tram and made our way back home to give our kids some rest.
We had a great time with our house guests even though they left a little of their sickness behind.  Ha!

1 comment:

  1. It look like fun. BTW, I am loving Reegan's hair cut! Cute and sassy!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...