02 May 2010

Czech Poliklinika

So you've probably heard me talk about us getting our Czech driver's license to make it easier to get our Spanish driver's license and be able to drive upon our arrival in Spain.
The first step towards getting a driver's license is to get a check up to show you're healthy.  Off we went on Friday to have our exam.
Mind you, I am not a fan of Czech poliklinikas (clinics).  They smell funny, look dirty and often times have paint peeling from the ceiling.  This particular one did not, but I've seen others that did.  Not to mention that this particular poliklinika looked like it had church pews from the 1950s gracing the hallways!  Ha!






And I didn't have a chance to take a picture of the hole in the floor under one of the "pews" where our translator was sitting or one of the broken benches.  
I didn't think it appropriate to take pictures during our "physical."  I will say that the inside of their exam room/office was much nicer looking, as was the lobby.  I just couldn't get past the smell though.  You know that hospital smell in America?  It's worse than that!!!
The exam took all of 30 seconds for each of us (me and Jerry) and I couldn't believe that was it!  They didn't even check our eye sight.  Only asked if we wore glasses.  The sestra (nurse) checked our breathing with a stethoscope and then took our blood pressure.  That was it!  I guess that makes us fit to drive!
After our exam, since we had our babysitter keeping the kids, we headed to our favorite coffee shop, Gloria Jeans.  Then we headed to lunch with our colleague, Megan to one of our favorite restuarants, Maly Buddha, for some crab springrolls & prawns.
We were close to where Angela & I had taken the kids through the orchard, so I thought I'd show them the route we took.  We had to go "off path" a little bit.


It is such a beautiful cobblestone street with great views!


1 comment:

  1. Looks way cleaner than what is here! But I've only been in ones visiting- praise the Lord we have medical privileges through the embassy!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...