05 February 2010

Friday Family Fun

With Valentine's Day around the corner I thought we'd do a little project today.
We started our day with making heart elephants!  You cut out various sizes of hearts, make an accordion nose, glue it all together and Ta da!  Brennan lasted all of about 2 minutes.  He is NOT into art or sitting still for very long for that matter.  Maybe it's a boy thing.  My girls love it though and sat there for the longest time cutting and gluing and drawing!  What fun!!



I know so many families that do pizza and a movie on Fridays nights.  I thought that was a great tradition to start with our family.  It's nice that the kids are getting older and really look forward to and enjoy these kinds of things.  However, we could "do" pizza more than once a week or sometimes we get a hankering for it a lot sooner than Friday!  And my kids are all about Happy Meals right now, so Jerry went to Flora, that's our local mall with our closest McDonalds, to pick up some Happy Meals for dinner.

It ends up that the whole family isn't really together.  Brennan loves to watch the Spiderman movies, where Karis is scared of them.  So, mom or dad take Brennan to mom & dad's room to watch so Karis can't hear the movie and Karis watches something else or has us play games.  She is really starting to get into games.  I think I heard her say that daddy played Trouble, Candy Land & Shoots & Ladders, then went and played her V-Tech Tinkerbell game.  She's becoming quite the gamer!!  And Reegan bounces around between rooms!!  It's been the start of a fun family tradition for us!

1 comment:

  1. That craft looks fun! I can't wait until Cai is old enough where we can do things like that together. Yay!

    Tell Karis that I get scared by the Spiderman movies, too. LOL :D

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...