06 February 2010

Cookie Madness


Yeah, that would be me!  I am cookie mad!!  I LOVE baking cookies.  I'm finding that I slightly despise cut out cookies.  I'd love to be better at it, but we just don't do well together.  I do love finding fun and different concoctions of cookies.  One of our all time favorites are called Sweet Dreams.  I found it in a B & B cookbook.  It's a variation of a chocolate chip cookie.  You add in some cinnamon & nutmeg (I changed this one ingredient, it called for ginger and I'm not a huge ginger fan) and then roll in powder sugar before baking and they are oh so yummy!! 

I digress.


I was in a mood to make some cookies.  I had some bananas that were getting brown and instead of baking bread or muffins, I thought I'd hunt down a cookie recipes.  And that I did and found this one.
Karis isn't a banana fan.  At all!  She has tried on a few occasions because she knows how much the rest of the fam loves them.  She just doesn't like a fresh peeled banana and sometimes doesn't like muffins or breads either, so I thought I'd make peanut butter cookies.  I haven't made them in awhileanut butter can be quite precious around here.  We can find it easily enough, but you have to buy about 20 jars for it to last long enough in this house.  That's why I call it "precious."  Somehow we ended up with crunchy peanut butter (my kids only do smooth), so I thought we'd use it up for cookies.

Funny thing, the Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies have been the biggest hit!  Even for Karis.  I'm thinking it's the chocolate!  Yeah, gotta be the chocolate!  But they do have a healthy aspect to them too.  Can't go wrong with oatmeal, right?  I, however, reach for the peanut butter more often.
Now I'm in the mood for some Sweet Dream Cookies!!  It's been too long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...