03 February 2010

Simple Pleasures

I follow a blogger, Kelly's Korner, and she was sharing about Simple Pleasures.  I thought it was a great blog topic and thought I'd do my own!


My Simple Pleasures

♥  Doing devotions with my kids

♥  Hearing my kids ask questions about Jesus

♥  Happy Hour Sonic Vanilla Dr Pepper (that is really a simple pleasure to me now when I can't get one!)

♥  Watching my kids play together, no fighting, just having a good time together

♥  Lunch or coffee with a friend

♥  Playing in the sand at the beach (oh it's been too long since I've done this!)  This is high on the list when we get to Spain!

♥  An unexpected hug, kiss or "I love you, mom!"

♥  Stick to your fork cake!  This is a joke with my friend, Jill,  but you know that traditional vanilla wedding cake that is so moist it just sticks to your fork!  Ha!  Yum!!

♥  Having a break from a regular day by shopping by myself or reading at a coffee shop!

♥  My hubby bringing me a treat or present when I've had a rough day.

♥  When the Lord touches my heart with truths from His Word!

And my kids?

Today I asked if they wanted raisins for a snack.  Reegan told me that she wanted to eat them from the bag, that it makes her heart happy!  So, I guess her simple pleasure would be eating raisins out of a bag!  SUCH a simple pleasure!!  Ha!!

Brennan's would probably be Spiderman!  Of course, what else?

And Karis?  Pizza, mac & cheese, cake & grapes!  Ha!  The girl likes her food!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, girl! I'll join you in any of those simple pleasures!! I started to guess this morning when I got your message...either cake that sticks to your fork or peaches so good the juice runs down your arm when you eat 'em! lol!!

    I can't eat ice cream in the winter, peaches in the summer, or wedding cake anytime without thinking of YOU, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...