27 October 2009

A Day to Myself

Living in Europe without a car can be a very convenient & sometimes inconvenient thing. Grocery shopping without a car can be one of those inconvenient things. Especially when you are shopping for 5 people! My colleague, Jennie, was headed to the store in her car and made an offer to join her. So, I took her up on it and left the kids with daddy, nana & papa. We took our time and it was very enjoyable. I know some people don't enjoy it, but I absolutely love going grocery shopping. It's not quite as enjoyable in Prague as in America. In the US, you just can't beat the variety! I truly miss that! But as time goes on there is more and more available here. Anyway, over 2 hours in the store with a friend was kind of fun!
I got home, unloaded all my stuff into the elevator and was surprised to find an empty apartment. Jerry had taken the family out on the town. I've recently discovered my love for having the house to myself! Ha! It's fun to go out by myself, but it's also fun to stay HOME by myself! I had a quiet couple of hours at home before heading out again to get my haircut with a new stylist. We clicked and I really liked her and how she cut my hair!!

I decided to stop off at one of my favorite stores, Marks & Spencer after my cut. It's a funny combination of a clothing store with a grocery store section (it originates out of the UK) and they are getting a great selection of stuff. Items you can't find anywhere else. Even their own version of Cheetos. And they're not too bad!
I was quite surprised to arrive home again to an empty house!! But it wasn't long that they all came home and crashed. My kiddos had had a long day out and are now sleeping peacefully!

And to end the day...at our Bible Story/Prayer Time tonight with the kids, Reegan's prayer was "Thank you God for Nana, Papa, Grandma, Grandpa, Mommy, Daddy, Karis, Brennan, and me and CANDY!" Silly girl! She knows the important things in life! Ha!

I'll leave you with a few pictures from our day at the Prague Castle. Mostly from our stroll through the mote! I just love it! So green & plush, beautiful and peaceful!!









1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you blogging again, but sorry your hard drive crashed! Hope things are going well for y'all!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...