18 August 2008

Isn't God Good?!



The Lord never ceases to amaze me how He gets my attention!!  I found myself in a bit of a funk last night.  I just felt like it was one of those times that He wanted me in that funk to bring me to His Word.
I’m in the middle of a study called “the Frazzled Female.”  I thought it would be very appropriate for this time in my life with 2 toddlers and a preschooler!!  Even though it is not specific to moms it has been just what I need.  Every time I open it up the scripture and the theme just blows me away as it always seems to be something I am struggling through.  Last night was no different.  I open up my study to read John 15 (The Vine & the Branches) and find the focus to be:

Loving others will become easier and more natural as I make sitting at the feet of Jesus a priority.

That is not to say that my funk had anything to do with not loving others, but I do struggle to find my place among some people(s).  Even so, that shouldn’t be my focus or I shouldn’t allow it to put me in a funk.  It’s about sitting at Jesus’ feet and making it a priority in my life.  I can’t say it is always a priority for me and could be another reason for that funk I was in.
It seems funny to be thankful for being in a funk, because it isn’t always fun.  But if it is a way that the Lord is going to draw me closer to Him and grow in Him, then I guess I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...