20 May 2014

Leeds Castle

Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

My friends and I had a gorgeous day at Leeds Castle last week!

Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

Known as the "The Loveliest Castle in the World," Leeds is definitely an impressive place with it's extensive grounds, waterfalls, it's own golf course and beautiful interior.  Steeped in a rich history spanning over 900 years.

From the parking area you take a lovely walk (or mobility bus) through the grounds.

WaterfallsofLeeds, Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

GroundsofLeeds, Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

GroundsofLeeds, Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

There is so much to look at, as you can see, even before you get to the castle!  Then these beautiful structures come into view!

Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

As you step inside, there is even more to "oooh" and "aaah" over!

LeedsHalls, Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

BedroomsLeeds, Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

LivingRoomsofLeeds, Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

QueensBath, Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

RoomsofLeeds, Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

GreatHallLeeds, Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

A piano player and fresh flowers throughout the castle sure do add to the atmosphere!

Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

After perusing through the castle we made our way beyond the castle where there is an impressive maze and grotto.

Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

You can even take a segway tour!

Leeds Castle, castle, golf course, travel, maze, grotto, beautiful grounds, Southeast England, Kent

The price to get into the castle may seem steep at £21, however, your ticket is good for a year.  A friend graciously let me borrow her tickets for my friends and I.

Do you like exploring castles?

Linking up with Bonnie, Kaelene, Van & Sammy for Travel Tuesday

Travel Tuesday

47 comments:

  1. The grounds are the castle are beautiful! I love exploring the rooms and seeing the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautiful! My cousin got married here in 2012 and was so lovely! And also so close to London which is a bonus...



    www.thenextactivity.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun!!! They were advertising the grounds for weddings. That would be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was ornate and well decorated in a tasteful way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen pictures of Leeds Castle before and it really seems to be amazing! Love that you were also able to take pictures inside. They're just gorgeous!! I'm absolutely regretting that I haven't been to Leeds while I was staying in Manchester!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! That is still on my list of places to see (in the next 3 weeks...ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband and I visited leads several years ago and LOVED IT but our favorite part was the aviary where we met Oscar, the big pink bird that liked to swing upside down. Did you get to see Oscar?!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZRNyq_8XLE

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like such a great place to explore! You captured some stunning pictures. Everything outside looks so lush and green there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely adding the place to my bucket list! Is a day enough or an overnight stay would work better?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just looked it up and found that the aviary was closed in 2011 to save money. No Oscar anymore I guess. I couldn't find any info on where he ended up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know! I was so excited I could take pictures!! And thank you!! You must make it to Leeds whenever you're this way again! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks!! I'd like to go again when I have more time to linger!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They have various accommodations on their grounds. I think it would be so fun to stay! You could do it in a day though. It just depends on how much you want to do while you're there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this place looks amazing! It seems like there is so much to explore there, I'm sure I could spend a whole day just wandering around and taking millions of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a wonderful place!! Amazing pictures! <3

    Well
    I was wondering if we could follow each other via bloglovin, gfc, instagram,
    twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blog and let me know where you
    follow and I will follow back right away!! :)

    Kisses
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rosie @Eco-Gites of LenaultMay 20, 2014 at 4:08 PM

    I agree with Amanda - I loed the gardens when we visited Leeds Castle. However that was many years ago and I think the day we went parts of the main castle were shut for some event. A pity as it does look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love exploring castles! I hear that Europe can make you a bit weary of them though, but I still can't wait to see as many as possible. Leeds Castle is so picturesque! It looks like the quintessential British castle...to my totally inexperienced eye ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a beautiful view indeed. Anyone would probably have a nice walk under that greeny walkway and spend some times in the park, under the trees together with some beautiful flowers. That castle is indeed worth checking out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. GORGEOUS. This is definitely a castle I want to visit and I love that you can take photos inside. (All the National Trust of Scotland properties do not allow indoor photography.) Also, segway tours look super fun to me. I've never been on one before but it seems like they are all the rage at the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've talked about visiting Leeds Castle with friends that live nearby and still haven't made it there yet. This is totally at the top of to do list now, looks amazing! K x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh! You got the money shots from across the water - those were the photos I was going for when I almost ruined a perfectly good pair of boots. I've not been inside yet but you've just about convinced me, if for the Segway tour alone.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! This castle does indeed look fun to visit! I noticed castles in the UK are expensive to go visit, but if this ticket is good for a year, it's pretty worth it :) imagine getting to see it in the winter and in the summer, two different feels!
    Gorgeous photos and the picture of the segway killed me, that's hilarious! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sooo beautiful! I will have to visit Leeds castle the next time I visit London! I had no idea it was so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. There are a few out there that the tickets are good for a year. Exactly! It can be such a different experience different times of the year. My friend said it's amazing at Christmas with a Germany style market and reindeer. We might have to check it out! I couldn't leave out the segway tour! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's definitely worth going if you can get there a few times to get your money's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It just depends on the castle, it seems, in England if you can take photos inside or not. I was so happy to be able to! Every time I see a segway I can't help but laugh because I think of Mall Cop! I think I'd be giggling the whole time! I guess I'd get over it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. There is definitely a saturation of castle in this part of the world, but I still enjoy seeing them. They all vary in one way or another. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. That would be disappointing not to be able to see inside! The gardens are nice, but you want to be able to see everything you pay for! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would have liked more time to linger. We were fast and furious to see as much as we could. And there is so much beauty that a million photos is right! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. It sure does look like the loveliest castle in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow what a beautiful castle! Definitely on my list to visit now :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. What an impressive castle! It looks so charming and picturesque. It's everything I would imagine a quintessential English castle to be!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've been wanting to go to this castle since I moved here! This one and Blenheim palace are top of my list. Bit far for day trips though! That picture fourth from bottom is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  34. The only other one that rates up there next to it would have to be Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany. It would be hard for me to choose between the two as the loveliest! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Blenheim looks awesome!! You'll have to make a point to go when you move to London-town! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  36. spanners are in the works, we might stay in the North and buy a house! I want a big house, I can go to London on weekends :) You're welcome to bring your big family to visit when we do!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Rosie @Eco-Gites of LenaultMay 25, 2014 at 3:32 AM

    We may have got a reduced rate, I don't remember. It was along time ago!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...