01 April 2014

Pooh Country

Pooh Corner Shop, Pooh, Hartifield, England, travel, expat, tea room

As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen. --Pooh

Pooh Corner Shop, Pooh, Hartifield, England, travel, expat, tea room

Last summer we visited the Beatrix Potter Attraction in the Lake District where Peter Rabbit and his friends came to life.  This week, it was Winnie the Pooh country.  The quaint town of Hartfield, East Sussex is home to the Pooh Corner Shop and Piglet's Tearoom

Pooh Corner Shop, Pooh, Hartifield, England, travel, expat, tea room

How do you spell love? --Piglet
You don't spell it. You feel it. --Pooh

Pooh Corner Shop, Pooh, Hartifield, England, travel, expat, tea room

The things that make me different are the things that make me. --Pooh

Pooh Corner Shop, Pooh, Hartifield, England, travel, expat, tea room

The nicest thing about the rain is that it always stops. Eventually.  --Eeyore

Pooh Corner Shop, Pooh, Hartifield, England, travel, expat, tea room

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. --Pooh

Pooh Corner Shop, Pooh, Hartifield, England, travel, expat, tea room

Pooh Corner Shop, Pooh, Hartifield, England, travel, expat, tea room

Hee hee!

_3280503

After wandering through the shop and a bite to eat in the tea room, my friend and I drove a little way to stroll through the Ashdown Forest and find the Pooh Sticks Bridge.

You know Pooh.  I think it may be time for a game of pooh sticks. --Christopher Robin
Oh bother. --Pooh

Pooh, Hartifield, Ashdown Forest, England, travel, expat

Pooh, Hartifield, Ashdown Forest, England, travel, expat, bridge

Pooh Sticks
1. Select a stick and show it to your competitor and make sure you are clear which stick is whose.
2. Check which way the stream is flowing and face the stream upstream.
3. Choose someone to start the game, he is the Starter.
4.All competitors stand side by side facing 'upstream'.
5. Each one hold his/her stick at arms length over the stream.
6. Starter must cal "Ready-Steady-Go!" and all competitors  drop (and not throw) their sticks in the water simultaneously.
7.At this point all the players must cross to the downstream side of the stream
8. Look over the edge for the sticks to emerge.

My friend and I dropping our sticks.  Do you know what we found on the other side of the bridge? Our sticks emerged intertwined.  It was a tie and the sweetest thing to see our sticks joined together like friends!

Pooh, Hartifield, Ashdown Forest, England, travel, expat, bridge

Pooh, Hartifield, Ashdown Forest, England, travel, expat, bridge

Can you believe I did this little jaunt without my kids?  I promised to take them sometime soon.

Have you wandered the Ashdown Forest or played Pooh Sticks on a bridge?

-----

I loved seeing all the food posts last week and reading about Jackie's meal at a dumpling house......oh my!!  I would love to experience that!  Check out her expat life as a teacher in Taiwan.


Want to join in our Travel Tuesday link up?

HERE IS HOW IT WORKS:
1. SHARE a post about travel!  From road trips to trips abroad and from past travels to dream vacations. You can write about travel tips and tricks, favorite places to stay, or anything in between! Just make it about traveling somewhere!
2. GRAB the lovely button. If you run into trouble, just make sure to mention Bonnie, Melanie & Tina in a link! 
3. LINKUP goes live every Tuesday at 0800 GMT.

TIPS: 
1. Please only one linked up post per blogger. Save other posts for future linkups!
2. The last Tuesday of every month will be a themed prompt if you want to join in!
3. HOP around and meet new travel loving bloggers! Check back to visit some of the newer travel posts!

Travel Tuesday




10 comments:

  1. I totally make whoever I'm with play pooh sticks when we come across a bridge over a river. Yes I'm five :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be one of the sweetest post ever !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I can't handle it. Pooh was (and still is) my absolute favorite. Of everything. Of all time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i didn't know this existed! I'm soooo curious and really want to go now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is PRECIOUS! I love that there is a bridge just for Pooh Sticks! We always play Pooh Sticks on our hikes when we find a bridge! :) LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, need to take my kiddos back to play! We plan to this next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I love how you filled the post with quotes, too. I have been reading the book to Lexie lately and I'm falling in love with it all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! I need to get the book for the kids!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...