16 February 2014

A Year in Reflection


Today marks one year that we touched down in England to continue our expat life in our 5th country.

Yay for staying in one place longer than 12 months!  If you've followed us for any length of time, you know that we have moved every 7-14 months in the last 7 years.

We've definitely had some cultural adjustments and frustrating moments.  It's really all a part of the acclimation process any time you move to a new location.

It's so nice to be at this point!  So, to commemorate our year I thought I would share some of the highlights.

1. Overcoming the fear of driving on the left!  Conquered and comfortable!  Now I'm scared of the idea of driving on the right again!


 2. Making a best mate within the first week of moving in.


The bond these two share is amazing!  I've only heard them argue once and within a matter of a minute they were laughing and moving on.  Seriously, it gives me happy tears to see such a close friendship.  And because of them us moms are quite close too.

3. Neighborhood friends! 



Coming and going, sleepovers, bike riding and trampoline jumping.  It's such a fond memory of my childhood and I'm so glad my kids have this too!

4. Grocery Shopping.  I'm one of these weird people that actually enjoys grocery shopping.  It can be chaotic in the UK.  Going at the right time of day and with this little accessory makes it so much more enjoyable.


What is it, you ask?  This little wand is amazing!  You scan your club card (a type of reward card) and pick up a wand.  Scan each item and place it in a bag.  After you're done shopping, you go to a designated checkout area, scan the register and pay!  Workers are on hand if there are issues.  It is a brilliant idea and I am in love with shopping this way!

5. Amazing beauty around us from the countryside to the coast, castles to cathedrals.


6. Conversations with random people when they hear my American accent.  Sorry, no photo for this one.

7. Tea Rooms and Cream Tea (a pot of tea and a scone with clotted cream and jam).  I'm addicted!  I love a cream tea with friends or my hubby. 


8. Last, but certainly not least, traveling to Scotland, Ireland and Wales.


I'm sure there is more, but I'll spare you a lengthy list.

I'd say it's been a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...