14 February 2014

A Day in West Sussex

Gina, Selena and Sarah recently came down from London to spend a day in the countryside of West Sussex.  Sarah and Selena captured some beautiful pictures, so be sure to give them a visit.

I had visions of a beautiful day, tromping through fields, driving through quaint country roads and sipping on afternoon tea.  

I just didn't envision this much rain!  Oh, the rain!!  You'd think I'd be prepared, being England and all, but it has been the most rain England has had in about 250 years!  We determined not to let it get us down and had a good time even if we did get drenched!

We started our day at the Ouse Valley Viaduct.

viaduct

Built in 1841, this viaduct was constructed with 11 million bricks on the London-Brighton railway line.  Over 100 trains pass over every day.


It's an amazing structure.  What drew me to this place was the beautiful arches underneath.


I think the kids would enjoy climbing through the archways.  Maybe when it's warmer!

Next up, Nymans Gardens.

I had visited Nymans previously and the weather was much better on that day, so I'm sharing photos mostly from my first visit.




I can't wait to see the wisteria (below) full of blooms!







Such beautiful grounds!  I can't wait to visit in the Spring!

We finished up our day in the quaint town of Steyning, sipping tea at The Cobblestone Tea House.





We finally got a break from the rain and took a short walk through town!



Something so fascinating about a thatched roof cottage!


The day went by way too fast, but we had such a great time!

Come to West Sussex and I'll show you around!

Happy Valentine's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...